Persistent Status

Badge +3
I have a Galaxy S7 using version 5.5.5.38787 of the Webroot Security Anywhere app. The persistent status shield in the notification bar and the token on the app icon will not go away. Also, there is no option in the General Setting to disable this.

This started after an update, so I figure it was a glitch. When I tried reinstalling the app nothing changed.

If this is intentional, please change this. If it is not, does anyone know how to fix this issue without disabling notifications as a whole?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @gkreutzjans ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to say that it seems that this Persistent Status Shield cannot be removed as in previous Webroot Android versions. And I'm not sure if the Developers will bring it back as an option to not show the icon.

Alot of changes in the last few WR Releases have been removed such as Call Blocking...
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
The two Android devices using Webroot 5.5.5.38787, different behaviour with regards to Persistent Status Shield.

TAB S2 Android 7 has the the option in Webroot General Settings to check / uncheck Persistent Status but it is not available on the Pixel 3 Android 9.

On the Pixel 3 I went into Settings / Apps found SecureAnywhere opened the setting / clicked Notifications and there is a Advanced submenu in notifications to have the Notification Dot On or Off.

As a Test I turned off all Notifications and the Persistent Status Shield was gone after I restarted.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you for that information @SXR6 , perhaps it only works on certain Mobile devices..not sure..I tried looking back at all the Android releases and I don't believe I found that the Persistent Status was removed. All I know is I do not have it on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8. 🙃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Please look here as well..
https://community.webroot.com/home-product-releases-27/product-update-android-version-5-5-3-337966
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
Thx Ssherjj the link you supplied explains the difference between OS versions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thx Ssherjj the link you supplied explains the difference between OS versions.

Well that is all I got. LOL🤣It mentions what was removed which I apologize that it doesn't explain the lack of Persistence Status though.🙃
Badge +3
THanks SXR6. I tried what you did on your Pixel 3 and disabled all notifications for the Secure Anywhere app.
Badge +3
Ssherjj, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.