Solved

picture of half of a man sitting on android lockscreen

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
I was watching some you tube videos on android phone I think that I still had the you tube app on when phone went to lock screen anyway, there was this guy sitting with just half of the body half of the face one eye down the middle. I have never noticed this before so I went to play store and found free webroot any how yes I will try to buy the webroot android when I can afford got webroot on 3 computers
icon

Best answer by NicCrockett 3 June 2019, 21:14

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I was watching some you tube videos on android phone I think that I still had the you tube app on when phone went to lock screen anyway, there was this guy sitting with just half of the body half of the face one eye down the middle. I have never noticed this before so I went to play store and found free webroot any how yes I will try to buy the webroot android when I can afford got webroot on 3 computers

Hello @RROKayO ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I have never seen this before when being on or closing out from YouTube on my Android/Mobile device. I would clear all history/cache if it was me. Seeing a guy sitting with half a body.... would scare me. LOL

Did you go to Google Play Storeand install Webroot Secure Mobile free app? I wasn't sure you stated that?

Anyways good luck and thank you for letting us know.😊
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
The man was clothed I did not recognize the person. One eye ball I mean it was strange and the fear phone hacked I did install webroot free app
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
I do not know if youtube being on phone had anything to do with it but I did google and several posts stating strange lock screen but not half man picture
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
The man was clothed I did not recognize the person. One eye ball I mean it was strange and the fear phone hacked I did install webroot free app

Good to hear that you did install Webroot. You might might to install Webroot SecureWebBrowser for added protection but that is totally up to you of course.

Whatever you were seeing or experiencing is something that I have not ever heard of and it's good to know that something like this can possibly happen. It sounds like some sort of Prank but fearing you might of been hacked is a scary situation regardless. Let me ping @NicCrockett and see if he has any information or added advice concerning this ok?

Also you may want to check your apps permissions in your Settings and that should help secure your device. Depending on what type of Android/Smart phone that you have...

HTH
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
It's possible you were hacked, but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion so quickly. I say this because you went to the lock screen from the YouTube app. It could easily be one of many other things that aren't virus or hacking related.

1. The YouTube app glitched and it carried over to the lock screen.
  2. Android could have glitched and it carried YouTube's screen to the lock screen.
  3. Another app you had open in the background glitched causing YouTube to carry over to the lock screen.
  4. Another app caused Android to glitch, which caused the lock screen issue.
  5. You could be running low on storage space.
  6. Your phone could have overheated.
  7. The screen on your phone could be going bad and the glitch is a sign of impending death of the screen.
  8. Any number of components could be going bad in your phone and they caused the glitch. This also means the possible death of your phone.
As you can see, there are many potential issues that could be the problem that aren't virus or hacking related. So, lets not freak out just yet about viruses, hacking, or these other issues. They are all just potential things to rule out.

1. You've already installed Webroot and run a scan, so that should tell you if your infected.
  2. You should also go into the Google Play Store -> My Apps and Games. Android scans the installed apps to make sure that you don't have any installed that are a known issue. Make sure it has been run and that no problems have been found. Android should run it automatically on a regular basis. While you're in this screen, make sure your apps are up-to-date. Outdated apps can leave you open to viruses and hacking.
  3. If you've already followed @Ssherjj suggestion of clearing the YouTube apps history and cache then good. You might also want to go to Android's main Settings -> Storage section and clear the cache for your whole phone. If you're running low on space, this will help and might help you a lot to do so regularly.
  4. Check Android's Settings to see which apps are burning up your battery. Once you know which ones are, you can try to optimize them to use less power. FYI, YouTube uses a lot of power. Reducing the video resolution might help. After all, it's a phone, not a 60" TV.
  5. If it's the screen or another component that's dying, I'm sorry. Unfortunately, I can't diagnose that. However, should the screen die, you can take it to a repair store. Hopefully they can tell you if it's just the screen or something else. If it's just the screen, it's usually about $100 repair.
Hope that helps! I didn't know your phone, Android version, or all the apps you have installed, so it's a very generic rundown on what to look for.

Good Luck!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you for taking the time to post all that incredible information @NicCrockett! Much obliged!🤗
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
No problem @Ssherjj. Just hope it was helpful. Now, can you resurrect my server that died this morning? It's always something right! 😞