Polling interval

Hi I'm Davide and i have question: I have configured some endpoints with a 3-hour polling interval, but in console I see that the column "last seen" are updated more often,about every 20/30 minutes. I tried 1 day as interval, with same result. I guess it's normal but in this case does the polling interval indicate the maximum connection time? Or endpoint connects randomly within the polling interval configured? Thank you

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Hey @

Systems in your console won't all report in at the exact same times. Normally they are staggared and if a system is asleep or turned off, it'll report in as sson as the system comes online, then default back to it's 3hr window. 

Also if a client runs a scan on their endpoint locally, that'll also affect the check in time, because as soon as a scan is initiated, the agent will check into the console.

I'd like to know  your reasoning for choosing a 3hr time though as I have chosen a default policy of 15min for all of my client sites. When I push agent commands, I'd like them to receive them as soon as possible. 

Also bandwidth isn't an issue because the agents are very efficient at bandwidth usage. 

Cheers
John
Userlevel 7
Salutations @ and welcome to our Community.

Any changes you make to your Endpoints, Policies, or other commands being sent will cause the Endpoint to check in to the Portal.

I suggest reaching out to our Support Team by sending a support ticket if you'd like a further explanation.