Solved

Red shield with white cross

Userlevel 2

I am having difficulty deleting malware infection. It is  showing as white cross on red shield. I have uninstalled and installed four times with same result. Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Tevita 4 November 2022, 06:28

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @Tevita 

I would recommend getting in contact with Webroot Support with this problem. Please report back to the Webroot forum on what Support finds.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave

Userlevel 2

Thanks Dave. How long do I wait for support to respond. Cannot get anyone to answer phone in Sydney office. Even sales section not picking up.

Userlevel 2

Hello. Hello. Is there anyone actually manning the Webroot support line. This reminds me very much of the lack of communication I encountered several years back with Webroot Support. It is excellent until you actually need support. Took several months for them to admit they had a technical glitch surrounding a Mac operating system update. No response yet to my plea way back then for compensation. 

Userlevel 7

Sorry for the delay @Tevita Let me ping our Community Manager (Webroot Employee) @TylerM to see if he can help with this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you provide a screenshot? What version of Windows are you running as well? Are there any written error messages you can share with us that might help provide more assistance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@Tevita 

Our phone Support was closed over the weekend but they are open now and every weekday

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Message me your email that you created a ticket a ticket with and I can also have it escalated and they should be able to schedule a callback if that works better for you

Userlevel 2

I am trying to get someone to call me from the Sydney tech support. left several messages but no response. Appreciate if you could determine why I am having problems. 

Userlevel 2

I have received an email from webroot tech support asking for my best contact details. Promising but not banking on this being resolved before the weekend, when apparently there is no one manning the tech support lines. That is just not good enough . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I have received an email from webroot tech support asking for my best contact details. Promising but not banking on this being resolved before the weekend, when apparently there is no one manning the tech support lines. That is just not good enough . 

It’s best to Submit a Support Ticket then @TylerM can look into it for you!

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2

I submitted a request for a support ticket several days ago.  I am trying not to load the system up with repeat requests for support because as you indicate it will put my first ticket at end of queue. How do I confirm that I have a support ticket in play?

Userlevel 7

How do I confirm that I have a support ticket in play?

@TylerM can check and see where your Support Ticket is and he can escalate it if necessary. Please wait for his reply here on the forum.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

I’m sorry you are having issues. We have support working Monday - Friday who will answer phones if you call the number we provided within the hours our tech support work. They have reached out to you for times that work best for you and support so you are on the right track to get this resolved. If you wanted ASAP then you would have to wait on hold during business hours and I would suggest calling the USA numbers

Userlevel 2

Eventually was connected by a technical guy operating out of the USA. He was able to offer a suggested fix, which appears to have worked. I uninstalled then reinstalled WSA. This involved the installation program running a full scan under a blue screen. Then when it identified a threat, instead of going through the ‘remove’ threat’ process, I unchecked the box associated with the threat file. I then ran a full scan again which resulted in the return fo the green screen indicating no threats exist.

I am  little concerned a subsequent full scan will identify the rogue file, but keeping fingers crossed.