Solved

Renaming C:program file

• 8 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Yesterday (3/7/2022) I started to get C:\Program” warning messages on my personal computer.    I see some replies in the Related topics.   The replies are several years old.    It’s difficult for me to determine if this is an issue that I should address and fix.   Or just ignore.   Can someone please help?

Here is what I’m seeing on my personal computer:  

File Name Warning:   There is a file or folder on your computer called “C:\Program” which could cause certain applications to not run correctly.   Renaming it to “C:\Program1” would solve this problem.    Would you like to rename it now?      I clicked on the Rename button.

After I click on the Rename button, I get the message “File Access Denied - You’ll need to provide administrator permission to rename this file”.     I clicked on the Continue button

After I click on the Continue button, I get the message “This action can’t be completed because the file is open in Webroot SecureAnywhere”.      Clicking on the Try Again button doesn’t help because the file is still open.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 8 March 2022, 20:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @JJK1234567 

Please contact Webroot Support and they will help you. I haven’t seen this issue personally.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket or

Call 1-866-612-4227 during the week Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Thanks,