"Sign up for MyAccount

Show first post

54 replies

Userlevel 3

A new account at the Carbonite.com can’t be created because I already have a keycode (get the message that this Keycode is already in use) and can’t log in because my log-in credential is for the original Webrootanywhere.com website.

Thanks for the additional information. I didn’t realize this was Carbonite related. I’ll have to play around with that.

Edit: Interestingly enough, when I logged in at the Carbonite site, it auto-filled the Webroot data and logged me in to the MyAccount dashboard. Weird!

SF

Userlevel 3

Howdy. I feel your pain. I recall I tried following “Get Started” and my login failed. So, I went to “Forgot Password,” received acknowledgement that I had a valid account, and a message that an email was sent to my valid email account. That happened twice, but I received no emails.

Yeah, that’s the one. 

It took me a while to figure out that I couldn’t use my old login info. Creating a new login with a new email address (I have several—my web host lets me create up to 1000 or so) worked fine, but the silly popup still appears upon opening Windows and every time I open the Webroot control panel. Hopefully, they will kill this “feature” once most people have transitioned to the new format. I have a request in with Support. I will bring this up to date if I get a sensible reply. If this program weren’t so good, I would kill it.

SF

Userlevel 1

Came here for the exact same problem as described in the previous posts. It seems that the “Sign up for My Account” pop-up is linked to the Carbonite.com website but my login is associated with the old Webrootanywhere.com website and logging in there does not get rid of the annoying popup.

A new account at the Carbonite.com can’t be created because I already have a keycode (get the message that this Keycode is already in use) and can’t log in because my log-in credential is for the original Webrootanywhere.com website.

Also, there is no setting in the advanced settings to turn off this notification (Unchecking “Show a status notification screen on bootup” dose not prevent that pop-up).

I have Webroot installed on several computers and now this pop-up shows up every time I turn them on and every time I view Webroot’s status. To make thing worse, the pop-up does not fade by itself and must be closed manually… everytime. This is extremely annoying, especially considering that my subscription will last for another year or so.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Howdy. I feel your pain. I recall I tried following “Get Started” and my login failed. So, I went to “Forgot Password,” received acknowledgement that I had a valid account, and a message that an email was sent to my valid email account. That happened twice, but I received no emails.

Today, I surfed to my old, saved URL for Webroot and found a link for folks like me whose accounts were established prior to (I think) March 2022. I was finally able to log in and look at my console! Of course, before I posted here I had little idea what version I was using.

My version

So, I’m posting here in “General.” For the life of me I couldn’t find any information about my license expiration or renewal in the “new” console.

Back to our issue...having logged in, looked around and signed into this forum, the stupid pop-up appeared while I was typing this!

Irritating Webroot popup

I see many of my old friends still lurk among these many forums. Bless ‘em every one. Now, somebody please help us get rid of this popup. Thanks.