"Sign up for MyAccount

Show first post

54 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’m still getting this crap after a month!!! the whole integrity of Webroot has gone to crap also I am getting multiple instances of scans starting (multiple windows opening on scheduled scan) I uninstalled and reinstalled did not work and still get pop ups, still get multiple scan windows after fresh install and I’ve noticed the version is not updating anywhere as much as it used to. I took the scans off schedule and started carrying out manual scan, sometimes works ok others it locks and restarts the whole console again (showing the pop up again). It is no longer reliable and doing all sorts of weird shit since Carbonite got involved, I thought signing up to the account it would rectify some stuff but it is just like they employed ex Microsoft programmers to have a play with Webroot and we all now how good W10 is these days. I have had Webroot relatively trouble free over 5 years except for the occasional W10 update causing it to crap itself, but believe me if this shit continues I’ll drop it like a hot spud, like someone else has pointed out I liked it because it was relatively light on resources etc but now it is annoying me as much as Bit Defender used to and starting to be as reliable as Norton….get your shit sorted support or I’m outta here. You’ve got one job to do, and if it’s Carbonite causing the grief GET RID OF THE PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!

Userlevel 1

I just rebooted my PC about an hour ago and the pop-up did NOT happen.  So maybe (hopefully) Webroot got updated/fixed!  Yea!

After a power-related shutoff, when I restarted the PC, the message came back.  Yuk.  Is it safe to just ignore the message?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I just rebooted my PC about an hour ago and the pop-up did NOT happen.  So maybe (hopefully) Webroot got updated/fixed!  Yea!

After a power-related shutoff, when I restarted the PC, the message came back.  Yuk.  Is it safe to just ignore the message?

Yes @JohnWR  this is an optional account creation. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@TylerM Today I have opted to cancel the Uninterrupted Protection service and I successfully received the cancellation email on my Gmail account. 

This proves that there are no issues sending emails to that account, but why am I not receiving emails from Technical Support to the same email address? 

Similarly, why don’t I receive password reset emails which are destined to the same email address?  It is very intriguing to say the least!