"Sign up for MyAccount

Userlevel 3

Webroot recently started showing me a popup at start up of Windows 10 containing the words: “Sign up for MyAccount.” I am already signed up! Yet this braindead program keeps showing me the popup. I am getting tired of clicking the little X. There should be some built-in interaction between the popup and the fact that I am already “signed up.” I have tried just about every suggestion on the internet. Apparently Webroot has gone out of their way to circumvent the normal Windows popup override system. HELP!

54 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Howdy. I feel your pain. I recall I tried following “Get Started” and my login failed. So, I went to “Forgot Password,” received acknowledgement that I had a valid account, and a message that an email was sent to my valid email account. That happened twice, but I received no emails.

Today, I surfed to my old, saved URL for Webroot and found a link for folks like me whose accounts were established prior to (I think) March 2022. I was finally able to log in and look at my console! Of course, before I posted here I had little idea what version I was using.

My version

So, I’m posting here in “General.” For the life of me I couldn’t find any information about my license expiration or renewal in the “new” console.

Back to our issue...having logged in, looked around and signed into this forum, the stupid pop-up appeared while I was typing this!

Irritating Webroot popup

I see many of my old friends still lurk among these many forums. Bless ‘em every one. Now, somebody please help us get rid of this popup. Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Came here for the exact same problem as described in the previous posts. It seems that the “Sign up for My Account” pop-up is linked to the Carbonite.com website but my login is associated with the old Webrootanywhere.com website and logging in there does not get rid of the annoying popup.

A new account at the Carbonite.com can’t be created because I already have a keycode (get the message that this Keycode is already in use) and can’t log in because my log-in credential is for the original Webrootanywhere.com website.

Also, there is no setting in the advanced settings to turn off this notification (Unchecking “Show a status notification screen on bootup” dose not prevent that pop-up).

I have Webroot installed on several computers and now this pop-up shows up every time I turn them on and every time I view Webroot’s status. To make thing worse, the pop-up does not fade by itself and must be closed manually… everytime. This is extremely annoying, especially considering that my subscription will last for another year or so.

Userlevel 3

Howdy. I feel your pain. I recall I tried following “Get Started” and my login failed. So, I went to “Forgot Password,” received acknowledgement that I had a valid account, and a message that an email was sent to my valid email account. That happened twice, but I received no emails.

Yeah, that’s the one. 

It took me a while to figure out that I couldn’t use my old login info. Creating a new login with a new email address (I have several—my web host lets me create up to 1000 or so) worked fine, but the silly popup still appears upon opening Windows and every time I open the Webroot control panel. Hopefully, they will kill this “feature” once most people have transitioned to the new format. I have a request in with Support. I will bring this up to date if I get a sensible reply. If this program weren’t so good, I would kill it.

SF

Userlevel 3

A new account at the Carbonite.com can’t be created because I already have a keycode (get the message that this Keycode is already in use) and can’t log in because my log-in credential is for the original Webrootanywhere.com website.

Thanks for the additional information. I didn’t realize this was Carbonite related. I’ll have to play around with that.

Edit: Interestingly enough, when I logged in at the Carbonite site, it auto-filled the Webroot data and logged me in to the MyAccount dashboard. Weird!

SF

I am also having the same pop up issue. I have already signed up, yet I continually get the pop up. It is very annoying. Please fix this issue.  My Webroot Version is listed below

Thanks.

Same problem. Where’s the answer?

Userlevel 3

That’s what I’m waiting for from support, assuming they have one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hopefully support can resolve for you

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

So I got a pop up today telling me to subscribe to My Account, that I could download my software and do other things. But what happened to the account I already had? I used to open the Webroot panel and I would click on My Account and it would take me to a webpage where I could log in and take care account things. I think it was called secureanywhere or something like that. But now the same link wants me to create an account. What gives? I also had 2-factor authenication enabled on the old account. So what effect does that have on this?

If Webroot is going to make such a significant change, shouldn’t they tell us about it?

So I’[m assuming the old account is gone and I have to create a new one. Is that correct?

Same problem here.  Is there any fix for this annoyance?  I can log into my Webroot Management Console using the credentials I’ve been using for 10+ year without issue, but those credentials can’t be used for this pop up with ‘already have an account.’ And like others, I cannot create a new account to fix this.

Userlevel 1

Same here, worse yet - try contacting Carbonite, you go around in circles..  It ses contact us, and there is no way to contact them ! LOL..  Bravo..

A fix would be appreciated, I signed up for nothing it appears..!  And my WebRoot subscription is to 2023+

Userlevel 2

I have two key codes spread over 9 computers, and every one of them is suffering from this ridiculous pop-up nag. Today I spent an hour working out that the account I was being nagged to set up is a NEW account for ‘Carbonite+Webroot’. So I duly set it up for one of my key codes, thinking it would get rid of the nagging pop-up which won’t go away unless you close it manually. 

I rebooted and found that the nag had not gone away. It also appears whenever I open the Webroot console from the task bar icon. I received an email from Carbonite+Webroot welcoming me, despite my having happily had a working account and a good security program for ten years! I straight away contacted support, explaining that I thought this was completely unsatisfactory and would lead to my cancelling my subscription. To me, the lack of prior communication - an explanation of what has occurred on the corporate front and of the need for a new account before the nag appeared would have been appreciated - and the obvious technical deficiency which prevents one from getting rid of the nag, are simply intolerable for a paid subscription to a hithero successful product. I’ve still got over 700 days on one of the key codes.

The response I’ve received from Support is, in my view, unsatisfactory and offers no help whatsoever:

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support. We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

In March 2022, we released a new My Account portal for all Carbonite customers and new Webroot customers. The new My Account portal has been designed to allow you to be able to manage both the Carbonite and Webroot products.

Since you have already created an account, please feel free to ignore these messages. These banner messages are being provided for all customers and will rotate and change throughout the year. At this time, we do not have the ability to remove these messages for single users.

If you require any further assistance, please let us know.

Please feel free to ignore these messages! For heavensake! The whole flaming point is that they can’t be ignored! They cover a goodly portion of screen space. Furthermore these messages are going to rotate and change throughout the year - there’s no intention to remove the damned things. And ‘Since you have already created an account’ sounds like there was no need to click on ‘Get started’  at all! After paying for what I consider a very good product to cover10 PCs for 10 years, I’m completely brassed off. It’s the very light ‘footprint’ and lack of constant nags one gets with other products that attracted me to Webroot in the first place.

Where to from here?

Userlevel 3

I received a similar message, but without the “rotating” part—wholly unsatisfactory. They claimed their database showed that I hadn’t registered, when in fact I had. I had to re-register with a different email address because my old password didn’t have a capital letter. Clearly an example of Catch22.

Where to from here? I sent them another request and threatened them with losing a customer. Perhaps if enough people contact them and threaten to drop their program, they will get off of their fat programmer butts and fix the problem.

Color me disgusted.

SF

Userlevel 3

GOOD NEWS, I Think! I finally broke down and called tech support. According to the guy I talked to, the pop-up is “time based” and will go away in “a couple of days.” I asked him if he was sure and he said, Yes.

Time will tell.

SF

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, SF,

If you didn’t place a wager with tech support guy, mebbe we should place a bet with each other. I think my popup’s been rearing its head for more than a cupla days. Anyway, thanks for taking the trouble to call tech support. In the old days a community honcho wudda worked out the answer with the superpowers that be.

Rick

P.S. I was waiting for somebody to tell us to edit the WIN 10 registry.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for calling..  

PS: Mine has been showing for about a week.   And I have registered and confirmed..

I think Webroot needs to pull their finger out and get this resolved, I never bother to write or complain about stuff but this is super annoying!

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Webroot recently started showing me a popup at start up of Windows 10 containing the words: “Sign up for MyAccount.” I am already signed up! Yet this braindead program keeps showing me the popup. I am getting tired of clicking the little X. There should be some built-in interaction between the popup and the fact that I am already “signed up.” I have tried just about every suggestion on the internet. Apparently Webroot has gone out of their way to circumvent the normal Windows popup override system. HELP!

Tell us, has it gone away? 

Userlevel 2

Thanks for your efforts by phone, stfranklin!

To be honest, I have doubts about the reassurance you were given that it would go away in ‘a couple of days’. Mine has been popping up for about a week now. I’m also concerned that even if this particular pop-up goes away soon, another will take its place in the ‘rotation’. 

I wrote back to Support to say their response was unsatisfactory and that I would soon have to uninstall Webroot, despite having over 700 days left on one of my key codes, paid three years in advance. I suggested that the pop-up could be removed in an instant via an upgrade, in the same way it was introduced. This morning I found a reply from Support indicating only that they ‘will forward your feedback to our Development team for further examination’. 

If this thing hasn’t gone away within a week I’ll have to uninstall, cancel my subscription and ask for a refund; I did not pay for this, but paid for the opposite, an unintrusive, light, fast and effective security program.

Userlevel 3

VICTORY!

The pop-up appears to have gone away, at log in and when opening the control panel. I hope this is true for everyone.  The tech was telling truth. I can’t confirm it, but I suspect the written support may be coming from offshore and they may be working from a script rather than actually being technically knowledgeable—just a theory.

SF

Userlevel 2

Good for you, stfranklin. No victory for me, as yet. The pop-up still appears at log-in, but disappeared some hours ago when I opened the Webroot console. I think you’re right about the text-based support, which has the look of a bland pro-forma response. I’m giving Webroot a week to get rid of the pop-up before I consider the options. What is so idiotic about it is the fact that I now have the very account which the damned pop-up is still exhorting me to get! This really does validate the popular axiom, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hey everyone,

I agree this was more on the side of annoying even for me and as such you are not the first complaint we’ve had about this in-product messaging - there are multiple threads

We have since turned off this messaging and it should no longer after after you reboot your computer. If you still see this message after the reboot please contact our support so they can keep you up to date with the resolution

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Userlevel 2

Hallelujah! And thanks very much for reporting back to us, TylerM. It’s good to see Webroot responding pretty quickly to our complaint. Here’s hoping it’s permanent, and the words I received from Support, as quoted in my earlier post - these messages are going to rotate and change throughout the year’ - can be ignored.

Regards,

macondo

Userlevel 2

I take that back.

The dreaded, infuriating pop-up has just returned this morning!

Only when logging in, not when opening the Webroot console.

I’m going to send a personal message to TylerM.

Userlevel 3

Have you tried restarting the computer (not turning it off and on again—that doesn’t reset things in Windows)? Beyond that, I’m clueless.

SF

Userlevel 2

I think my Webroot is now working as it should. I had a few pop-ups after the ‘fix’ was declared, but it seems to have settled. Fingers crossed.