"Sign up for MyAccount

Userlevel 3

Webroot recently started showing me a popup at start up of Windows 10 containing the words: “Sign up for MyAccount.” I am already signed up! Yet this braindead program keeps showing me the popup. I am getting tired of clicking the little X. There should be some built-in interaction between the popup and the fact that I am already “signed up.” I have tried just about every suggestion on the internet. Apparently Webroot has gone out of their way to circumvent the normal Windows popup override system. HELP!

54 replies

Userlevel 3

I take that back.

The dreaded, infuriating pop-up has just returned this morning!

Only when logging in, not when opening the Webroot console.

I’m going to send a personal message to TylerM.

It came back once for me too and now appears to be gone permanently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Great news all around!

Please let me know if anyone is still getting this popups persisting and we’ll escalate to support.

Userlevel 2

Well. a couple of days later and I’ve just had the pop-up again after several boot-ups without its appearing. It’s hard to imagine why this is still happening intermittently. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

For the record @TylerM I don’t share the good news as the stupid popups continue to occur on a daily basis when restarting my computer, and rebooting does not fix the issue either. 

A week ago I raised a support ticket and there is no response to that so far.  When I attempt to determine the status of my request (continue the previous conversation) I am prompted for my email address which I enter and then a password (not my Webroot account password but a 6 character password which I am not aware of.  Selecting the “forgot password” option claims to have sent a password to my email address and nothing is received.  There is nothing in the spam/junk folder either.  It would appear that there is an email issue with my account.

For how much longer am I to endure the stupid popup message which is not my doing?

Userlevel 1

I have two key codes spread over 9 computers, and every one of them is suffering from this ridiculous pop-up nag. Today I spent an hour working out that the account I was being nagged to set up is a NEW account for ‘Carbonite+Webroot’. So I duly set it up for one of my key codes, thinking it would get rid of the nagging pop-up which won’t go away unless you close it manually. 

I rebooted and found that the nag had not gone away. It also appears whenever I open the Webroot console from the task bar icon. I received an email from Carbonite+Webroot welcoming me, despite my having happily had a working account and a good security program for ten years! I straight away contacted support, explaining that I thought this was completely unsatisfactory and would lead to my cancelling my subscription. To me, the lack of prior communication - an explanation of what has occurred on the corporate front and of the need for a new account before the nag appeared would have been appreciated - and the obvious technical deficiency which prevents one from getting rid of the nag, are simply intolerable for a paid subscription to a hithero successful product. I’ve still got over 700 days on one of the key codes.

The response I’ve received from Support is, in my view, unsatisfactory and offers no help whatsoever:

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support. We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

In March 2022, we released a new My Account portal for all Carbonite customers and new Webroot customers. The new My Account portal has been designed to allow you to be able to manage both the Carbonite and Webroot products.

Since you have already created an account, please feel free to ignore these messages. These banner messages are being provided for all customers and will rotate and change throughout the year. At this time, we do not have the ability to remove these messages for single users.

If you require any further assistance, please let us know.

Please feel free to ignore these messages! For heavensake! The whole flaming point is that they can’t be ignored! They cover a goodly portion of screen space. Furthermore these messages are going to rotate and change throughout the year - there’s no intention to remove the damned things. And ‘Since you have already created an account’ sounds like there was no need to click on ‘Get started’  at all! After paying for what I consider a very good product to cover10 PCs for 10 years, I’m completely brassed off. It’s the very light ‘footprint’ and lack of constant nags one gets with other products that attracted me to Webroot in the first place.

Where to from here?

I think I am done with webroot after this!  They did not even inform us of ANYTHING!  We just get this message that our app is being retired.  I spent days trying to see if this was a hoax, finally figured out that I had to create a new account with the new company which now allows me on this forum to find out all this information.…..HATE dealing with the messages on my phone to create something I already have.  The new company has no phone support.  DONE!  checking out other options for security.  Anyone have one they like?

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

I think I am done with webroot after this!  They did not even inform us of ANYTHING!  We just get this message that our app is being retired.  I spent days trying to see if this was a hoax, finally figured out that I had to create a new account with the new company which now allows me on this forum to find out all this information.…..HATE dealing with the messages on my phone to create something I already have.  The new company has no phone support.  DONE!  checking out other options for security.  Anyone have one they like?

I’m sorry you are still having this issue when it has been resolved and no longer popping up for most everyone. Have you reached out to support yet? We absolutely have phone support - what numbers did you try?

Webroot Support:

Technical Support

SUBMIT A TICKET

Call 1 800 177 035

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

For the record @TylerM I don’t share the good news as the stupid popups continue to occur on a daily basis when restarting my computer, and rebooting does not fix the issue either. 

A week ago I raised a support ticket and there is no response to that so far.  When I attempt to determine the status of my request (continue the previous conversation) I am prompted for my email address which I enter and then a password (not my Webroot account password but a 6 character password which I am not aware of.  Selecting the “forgot password” option claims to have sent a password to my email address and nothing is received.  There is nothing in the spam/junk folder either.  It would appear that there is an email issue with my account.

For how much longer am I to endure the stupid popup message which is not my doing?

@AV1 

There was a response to your ticket on May 17th that I don’t believe you have read. I have escalated your case so look out for a response on your ticket and you can request someone to call you and if needed remote onto your computer.

Userlevel 2

As of the last few mornings, I am not getting the pop-up. Although it was intermittent for a couple of days I haven’t seen it since Saturday.

I think this whole episode has reflected poorly on Webroot, who provided no information about the merger/takeover (whichever it is, or both?) nor any explanation of the request by the alarming, irritating pop-up nag to sign up for an account which users already thought they were well and truly signed up for; as they were. I believe I am now signed up for two accounts, with equal access to the usual facilities! Very confusing, and to the hapless user, apparently pointless. I’m now just hoping the damned thing has gone away for good. But thanks to Tyler for his assistance here and in personal messages.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thanks @TylerM for informing me that there is a response on my support ticket dated May 17th which I have not read, because no email message has been sent to me indicating that there is a message waiting for me t read.  Do you find this ironic?

Thanks for escalating my ticket, but can you confirm that my email address is working from your system?  My profile name should link to my email address, unless there is an issue on your system.  Now that I see there is an Australian 1800 contact phone number then I will call them for assistance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Thanks @TylerM for informing me that there is a response on my support ticket dated May 17th which I have not read, because no email message has been sent to me indicating that there is a message waiting for me t read.  Do you find this ironic?

Thanks for escalating my ticket, but can you confirm that my email address is working from your system?  My profile name should link to my email address, unless there is an issue on your system.  Now that I see there is an Australian 1800 contact phone number then I will call them for assistance.

You are most definitely emailed whenever a response is put into the ticket and that has been the case for the 10 years I’ve used the ticketing system. I checked on your ticket searching for the same email that you used to sign up for this community. Did you check to see if it got caught in your spam folder? Sometimes that can happen. Feel free to DM me if you used another email you would like me to check. 

Also, if you respond to the ticket you can pick a time where someone will call you instead of having to wait on the phone, but that is up to you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@TylerM I have searched for emails from Support and there is nothing received.  There is also nothing in the Spam folder.  Perhaps this highlights the possibility that the email provider is removing the email or it was not sent in the first instance. Can the support folks confirm that an email was actually sent to me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@AV1 

The last message sent to you was on May 23rd (unred) and the previous message was May17th (also still unred)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support.

Our apologies for any inconvenience. For the issue you are reporting, we would like to work with you directly over the phone to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Webroot’s US hours of availability are 7AM – 5PM MST, Monday through Friday. Please let us know your phone number, your time zone, and the best time frame to reach you during our hours so that we may contact you by phone.

They messaged you at the email that you used to sign up for this community. If you would like I can PM you the email. This is the email you should use to login to your ticket interface. 

Userlevel 1

I think my Webroot is now working as it should. I had a few pop-ups after the ‘fix’ was declared, but it seems to have settled. Fingers crossed.

What is the “fix” that was declared?  I’m still getting the pop-up.  I have both Webroot and Carbonite.

Userlevel 7

I think my Webroot is now working as it should. I had a few pop-ups after the ‘fix’ was declared, but it seems to have settled. Fingers crossed.

What is the “fix” that was declared?  I’m still getting the pop-up.  I have both Webroot and Carbonite.

I don’t believe there is one yet. Some of us on the forum are still getting the pop-up. I know I was getting it on my Desktop Win 10 computer and some of the Webroot Moderators here on the forum are getting it.

Userlevel 1

Thanks.  I forgot to mention pop-up is happening on two desktop PC’s.  Both Windows 10.

Userlevel 7

I have edited this thread and removed the “Solved ~ Best Answer” to this thread since it is an on going problem and Support is working on a fix for it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello everyone! Check your UI to see if it’s back to normal as mine is!

Not like before.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’m still getting this crap after a month!!! the whole integrity of Webroot has gone to crap also I am getting multiple instances of scans starting (multiple windows opening on scheduled scan) I uninstalled and reinstalled did not work and still get pop ups, still get multiple scan windows after fresh install and I’ve noticed the version is not updating anywhere as much as it used to. I took the scans off schedule and started carrying out manual scan, sometimes works ok others it locks and restarts the whole console again (showing the pop up again). It is no longer reliable and doing all sorts of weird shit since Carbonite got involved, I thought signing up to the account it would rectify some stuff but it is just like they employed ex Microsoft programmers to have a play with Webroot and we all now how good W10 is these days. I have had Webroot relatively trouble free over 5 years except for the occasional W10 update causing it to crap itself, but believe me if this shit continues I’ll drop it like a hot spud, like someone else has pointed out I liked it because it was relatively light on resources etc but now it is annoying me as much as Bit Defender used to and starting to be as reliable as Norton….get your shit sorted support or I’m outta here. You’ve got one job to do, and if it’s Carbonite causing the grief GET RID OF THE PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!

Userlevel 1

I just rebooted my PC about an hour ago and the pop-up did NOT happen.  So maybe (hopefully) Webroot got updated/fixed!  Yea!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@TylerM I would be delighted if you could PM to me the message(s) that I have not read because I am receiving no notifications of any waiting messages.

In the meantime I have called the Australian support number (1800 177 035) twice during the nominated hours of business for assistance and on the second attempt I provided my Australian contact number.  Needless to say that it has been a deafening silence so far as nobody has bothered to call me back.  Whilst that my be sour grapes, it is awful that nobody at Webroot could be bothered to contact me by phone or email to assist with resolving the stupid popups which I continue to receive on a daily basis. I am vindicated that other people continue to receive the same symptoms.  Do I have to call the US support number at my expense to get assistance?  I am gobsmacked that your Australian support number is nothing more than a recorded voice which infers that nobody is listening or responding to recorded messages.  If I am sounding upset then that is the truth.

I would expect your competitors to respond to support requests in a reasonable amount of time with visible follow-ups.  I see that my current subscription lapses in 200+ days time but if this situation is not resolved in the next 30 calendar days then I will be jumping ship to a competitor and sending a letter of complaint to the OpenText CEO.  6 July is the target date for resolution or I am out of here.  It should not take 30+ days to eradicate a popup message that was dumped on users, or did someone forget to take a backup of the code module?

@TripleHelix - my UI has not changed as per your message above and I am still on version 9.0.32.58.  Has there been an update issued in the last day or so, or has an update been issued to beta testers only?  The lack of communications could be improved somewhat to pull us out of the misery and support what is otherwise a great software product. NB: I reboot my PC every day yet the popups continue to occur needlessly.

Userlevel 1

I just rebooted my PC about an hour ago and the pop-up did NOT happen.  So maybe (hopefully) Webroot got updated/fixed!  Yea!

After a power-related shutoff, when I restarted the PC, the message came back.  Yuk.  Is it safe to just ignore the message?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

After a power-related shutoff, when I restarted the PC, the message came back.  Yuk.  Is it safe to just ignore the message?

Yes @JohnWR  this is an optional account creation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@AV1 

All of these notifications from our support site are being sent to your gmail. We absolutely make it to the inbox of gmail accounts and no one else has this issue (very bizarre you are having this problem). So at this point I don’t think the community is going to be able to help you further as I can’t coordinate you to support if you can’t read or respond to the messages. I think the only path forward would be for you to talk to someone on the phone. I believe once you reach someone on the phone they will be able to resolve your issue, answer your questions, and walk you through the process of finding and responding to your ticket and communicating with support. Also, I saw on another thread that you wanted to know how to upload logs - this is automatically done for you when you send a message on our support site from your computer with Webroot installed (so lets make sure we can get you to that site).

Perhaps you have not seen these numbers listed on our website but I suggest you call one of these during a time that works for your timezone. We have support staffed Monday - Friday

USA

Call 1-866-612-4227

7am - 6pm mountain time

UK

Toll Free: 1 800 804 7013

Ireland

Toll Free: 1 800 303 385

Australia

Call 1 800 177 035

Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@TylerM I have left messages on your Australian number and there were no follow-ups.  

Within the last 20 minutes I called the USA Support phone number.  The agent verified my account and merely stated that I need to wait until the techs figure out what is going on as the problem was supposed to have gone away in the last release.  The agent could not provide an ETA as to when the issue is likely to be fixed, nor could they provide any additional support or to assist to resolve the issue at all.

So now I have to wait for how long?  The stupid popups appear every day and rebooting is a poor workaround.  If I generated logs . I am now in limbo land as the support call achieved nothing.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@AV1

All of these notifications from our support site are being sent to your gmail. We absolutely make it to the inbox of gmail accounts and no one else has this issue (very bizarre you are having this problem). So at this point I don’t think the community is going to be able to help you further as I can’t coordinate you to support if you can’t read or respond to the messages. I think the only path forward would be for you to talk to someone on the phone. I believe once you reach someone on the phone they will be able to resolve your issue, answer your questions, and walk you through the process of finding and responding to your ticket and communicating with support.

@TylerM Thanks for your message which in a nutshell states that the Community cannot provide any assistance and based on my previous message, then Support cannot provide any support/assistance to cease the popups.  So I have no support and no way to see messages sent by Support.  This implies that WSA is no longer a supported product - is that correct?