Stop with the popups "Sign up for My Account" and other popups. Just STOP.

• 10 May 2022
  • 8 replies

Giving McAfee and other cancerous anti-virus a run for its money in terms of ANNOYING and OBNOXIOUS

Who thought allow Webroot SecureAnywhere to send popups to their customers was a good idea? This is beyond annoying. I have never seen these sort of annoying popups until now this month and I’ve been subscribed since 2016.

Stop asking us to sign up for “My Account” and stop asking us to accept your terms of service. How many times do I have to close these damn popups before I chargeback my credit card?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Thanks for your feedback @Zhen 

I agree this was more on the side of annoying even for me and as such you are not the first complaint we’ve had about this in-product messaging.

We have since turned off this messaging and it should no longer after after you reboot your computer. If you still see this message after the reboot please contact our support so they can keep you up to date with the resolution

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Still getting the popup after having restarted multiple times. The popup also comes up whenever I open the Webroot app window or when I click any of the options in right-click menu of the Webroot system tray icon. (Windows 10 computer) Have lodged a ticket with support. Hope it will be fixed soon.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Yep, getting really annoying now...

I am also still getting these pop-up messages, even after signing up. (I thought that would stop them, but I guess not...)

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@Apan323 @cpcnw 

We have fixed this in the field and we’re seeing most people have this issue resolved, but if you are still seeing them after reboot then I would suggest opening a ticket so an agent can resolve this for you

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Userlevel 1

The problem is NOT fixed.  I just rebooted my computer -- today is Friday June 17, 2022 -- and I got the stupid pop up message to create a new MyAccount.  Which I already did.  A long time ago when this problem first started.

This is unbelievable.  What is wrong with you people??????

The problem is NOT fixed.  I just rebooted my computer -- today is Friday June 17, 2022 -- and I got the stupid pop up message to create a new MyAccount.  Which I already did.  A long time ago when this problem first started.

This is unbelievable.  What is wrong with you people??????

@LMHess  I sent in a ticket to customer service as TylerM suggested about a month ago, and this was part of the response I got. I guess it can’t be fixed for individual users for the time being… I continue to receive these banners as well.

“Since you have already created an account, please feel free to ignore these messages. These banner messages are being provided for all customers and will rotate and change throughout the year. At this time, we do not have the ability to remove these messages for single users.

I have found the fix to finally get the recurring Webroot popups off my PC.

In Control Panel > Programs and Features > Webroot… uninstall the software.

Open each browser > Tools > Extensions and Add-ons and remove Web Threat Shield, if it’s there. (Uninstalling Webroot from Control Panel does not remove Web Threat Shield.)

Reboot. Do not reinstall the app or browser extension. Check in My Account to be sure subscription autorenew is disabled. The popups are gone. Use different security software instead.

Just for the record, registering a new My Account, closing the popup, rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling Webroot were all ineffective at getting the popups to stop popping up daily for me.

As I posted in another thread, opening a ticket with Support was not helpful or a good use of my time.  Support took 9 days to respond after the ticket was opened, and then last week I got the same message as Apan323 above. Why it takes 9 days to issue a canned response to multiple users is another good question. You can contact Support if you think it will help pressure them to finally do the right thing, but don’t expect opening a ticket to solve your problem, especially in a day or two.