Solved

Subscription

I have Webroot on 2 different laptops. My subscription just renewed so I checked both of them to be sure it updated. I discovered that one laptop says subscription 371 day and the other says subscription 255 days. Why is there such a difference, shouldn’t both of them be the same?

icon

Best answer by MajorHavoc 29 October 2022, 02:32

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Were they both started at the same time? If you installed on one machine some time before the other, the later started machine would have more days remaining, which are added to your renewal amount. So it is possible to see different numbers in my experience on the same subscription. 

But I would contact Webroot support (https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/support-home) and have them check it for you. You can find other forms of contact at the link above. 

Thanks. Actually it was put on the one laptop at a different time because it was just purchased in December and that is the one that has the 255 days where the other two it has been on for several years has the 371 days. The other issue is that it has a difference subscription key code than the other 2 laptops I have. I don’t see anywhere to put in the correct subscription key code either so I am going to have to call them.  Sadly they aren’t the easiest people to get ahold of. Again, thanks for your assistance and for the link but that doesn’t help me. Every time I try to contact support they want to refer to a previous conversation and and a password that apparently they emailed to me. Sadly I may have to go to some other company for security on my devices.

Ok, I did find how to send a new message so we will see what happens. Again thanks for your help.

Sandy

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Please post the resolution if you would, and mark an answer as the solution when you do. Thanks. 

If I get an answer in writing I’ll do that, I’m just not sure how to do that. I’ll try that’s for sure. I just would think I could edit the subscription key code but can’t find anywhere to do that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Good luck, hope you get it sorted and do let us know!

Thanks, so do I.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

What program, Webroot Secure Anywhere? And Windows or Mac? 

On either, Open Webroot Secure Anywhere. Click on the words My Account:

Your current key is shown where I have the red box (covering my key)

Now, click the small gear next to My Account and you will see this: 

The red box is covering my info, but to the right of the red box, you can see a place where you can enter your new key code. If the code is valid, press Activate. 

Windows is almost identical.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Create a support ticket and I’m sure tech support will sort it all out for you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Create a support ticket and I’m sure tech support will sort it all out for you. 

I think I said that in the very first answer actually. 😒

Major Havoc, OMG thank you thank you thank you. I looked everywhere to correct the subscription key code including clicking on My Account. I just didn’t realize that I needed to click on the little gear symbol too. The correct key code is in, laptop scanned and the subscription days show 371.  I have to tell you that you are my hero today. My husband thanks you too since it was his laptop that needed the correct key code. 😊

Yes you did. LOL

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Happy to help. I know the first time I looked for that, I could not find it either. Took me a lot of digging and clicking to find that. 

Well I’m usually pretty good at figuring computer stuff out since I have with computers for 30+ years as a legal assistant. This one had me stumped. I bet I won’t soon forget this lesson. Thank you again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

If you could pick my answer as the answer to this question, I would appreciate it. 

Ok, I did that on the one with the screen shot. If you want me to do the same with the first one or any others or all of  them just let me know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is it a bird, is it a plan, no...It's Major! Well done sir 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is it a bird, is it a plan, no...It's Major! Well done sir 

To the rescue!

Well he was my hero anyway. 🤗😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Thanks you Russel. I ran into that exact same thing, not knowing where to put the key. It is a bit hidden. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Oh, and Major Havoc was a bumbling space hero I created in a 1983 video game. Already my super hero!  :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh, and Major Havoc was a bumbling space hero I created in a 1983 video game. Already my super hero!  :-)

Cool. Very retro!

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Well, it was 1983!  It wasn’t retro then!  😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

😀 Love the 80’s.