Solved

toolbarfix.exe can't find Firefox

• 14 May 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
Webroot Toolbar stopped working on Firefox x64 v66.0.5.
I have reinstalled Webroot antivirus and used the desktop toolbarfix.exe but I still cannot get
the extension to be visible in the tools/add-ons folder.
While running toolbarfix.exe I noticed that the Firefox browser was not detected (only IE).
LastPass is working perfectly but I don't have Webroot protection on my browser.

Any fixes for this?

(Windows 10 Pro build 17763 )
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 18 May 2019, 12:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Spegolas

Toolbar fix is specifically for re-installing the Password Manager browser extensions, and is not involved per se in restoring WRSA protection to a browser.

Also, I am not sure if you are aware but the 'inhouse' Webroot Password Manager is effectively no more as it is now directly powered by LastPass. I believe that it can still be used but is not being maintained.

Webroot Password Manager users are being offered a free transfer to a LastPass Premium subscription which remains valid as long as the Webroot subscription is active.

The Community Management Team have added a few Password Manager KBs (see HERE & HERE) that will help with your setup/migration, if you need/want to undertake it.

If the above does not help and you still wish to pursue the issue with Toolbarfix then please Open a Support Ticket and explained the situation in the ticket, so that the Support Team can advise as to how best to proceed.

Hope that helps but if not then please post back.

Regards, Baldrick