Solved

Uninstall Web Threat Shield from FireFox

• 4 February 2021
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 2

Is there any way to uninstall Web Threat Shield from FireFox without using GPO? I have Windows 10 home and there is no GPO on the home version.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 9 February 2021, 15:39

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @iggy67 

Just Disable within the Browser!

Thanks,

Userlevel 2

Thanks

Userlevel 2

UPDATE: Too early to dismiss this just yet.

I Disable it in FireFox and Webroot keeps turning it back on.

I seems like Webroot docent want you disable it too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @iggy67 

If you don’t want the Web Threat Filter then open the GUI and Click on Advance Settings and go here a uncheck all the boxes but NOTE that will disable and remove from all supported Browsers!! Or choose what you want to uncheck.

I hope this is what you want.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Is there a reason you don’t want the Web Threat Shield on Firefox or other Browsers? You can always Submit a Support Ticket and they can help you sort out any issues you might have.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2

Is there a reason you don’t want the Web Threat Shield on Firefox or other Browsers? 

You have no cotrol of what sites you want  No whitelist.

I check with Best Buy where I bought it from and they would not take of off. They said  it can not be disabled not less you use GPO which Windows 10 home dosn’t exist.

I have a contract with the IT pro there.

Also, I can not start a ticket with Weboot it will not let me login. I keep getting this stupid error everytime:  

This site needs to use cookies to function correctly.

Please click the button to accept our cookies. Some may have been set already. Read about our cookies and how to manage them.   Cookies on my PC allowed  This is a result of whoever created the website made an error in the webite code.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

If you hit a bad Website you can click Unblock page and continue if you really want to and that will whitelist the site locally on that device.

Are you having issues with good sites?

You can call support:

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Also, I can not start a ticket with Weboot it will not let me login. I keep getting this stupid error everytime:  

This site needs to use cookies to function correctly.

Please click the button to accept our cookies. Some may have been set already. Read about our cookies and how to manage them.   Cookies on my PC allowed  This is a result of whoever created the website made an error in the webite code.

Yes some have that issue and I don’t know why because I never had an issue with support tickets!

@freydrew  @khumphrey  when will this get fixed for most users?

Userlevel 2

yes having some issues with some good sites randomly ie spotify or iheartradio 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

yes having some issues with some good sites randomly ie spotify or iheartradio 

No issues here with those 2 sites? Are you sure it’s Webroot or Firefox’s bad site protection? https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-does-phishing-and-malware-protection-work

To check sites go here: https://www.brightcloud.com/tools/url-ip-lookup.php

Userlevel 2

it doing it on Chrome as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@iggy67 

Can you do a clean reinstall?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Look to see if this folder is gone: C:\ProgramData\WRData and if it’s there delete it. (Hidden Area)
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Userlevel 2

I’ll just let Best Buy Geek Squad do that remotely. They have all the info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@iggy67 ,

Since you bought Webroot via BestBuy, you will have to go through their tech support channels to resolve your issue. Please let us know how that turns out! 

Userlevel 2

The Geek Squad just untiked “Activate Browser Extensions” and deleted the webrootsecure@webroot.com.xpi on my FireFox profile and the Extension is gone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hi @iggy67 

Can you go to the sites that were blocked before, now?

Thanks,

Userlevel 2

I can get to them now without any problems after the Geek Squad did their thing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I can get to them now without any problems after the Geek Squad did their thing.

Great to hear, but it’s very odd as I don’t see that issue with Firefox or any other Browser.

Cheers,