Solved

Webroot Business Endpoint vs. Home Products

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
I'm considering purchasing Webroot for my home network. I have more than 5 devices that would benefit from Webroot, and am trying to decide if I should treat my home network as a small business, or simply buy multiple copies of the home products. I'm currently using a business product from another vendor and am looking to switch.

I'm just wondering what the differences are between the Business Endpoint Protection compared to the Home products. Aside from price and support for Windows Server, are there any other significant differences between the two products in terms of the protection they provide or available features?
icon

Best answer by LLiddell 7 May 2018, 18:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
I'm considering purchasing Webroot for my home network. I have more than 5 devices that would benefit from Webroot, and am trying to decide if I should treat my home network as a small business, or simply buy multiple copies of the home products. I'm currently using a business product from another vendor and am looking to switch.

I'm just wondering what the differences are between the Business Endpoint Protection compared to the Home products. Aside from price and support for Windows Server, are there any other significant differences between the two products in terms of the protection they provide or available features?
So the difference between the home version and the business version is really only about how you intend to manage the devices. The home version does need to be administrated on each computer individually, so if you need to have these in separate locations, the business product would be much more fitting. Furthermore, with the business product you gain access to the GSM console which features the ability to trial some of our other products (such as Secure Awareness Training, or DNS Protection). The GSM console also gives you the ability to manage white/black listing, policy management, and much more.

Hopefully this helps! If not, please let me know so either myself or someone from our licensing team can reach out and set up a call.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Thank you for your response.  That definitely helps clear things up.

Since my original post, I went ahead with a home version trial, and saw that it too has some basic management via the web console. Enough to make sure my machines are protected, that the kids aren't tampering with the settings, and that I can keep an eye on any infections. My devices are (mostly) in the same location, so full remote administration and configuration is not that important, and the home version seems to have enough control in terms of allowing or blocking specific processes for what I need.

I've gone ahead with licenses for the home version for my primary devices.  Thanks again for taking the time to clarify the differences between the two versions for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Thank you for your response.  That definitely helps clear things up.

Since my original post, I went ahead with a home version trial, and saw that it too has some basic management via the web console. Enough to make sure my machines are protected, that the kids aren't tampering with the settings, and that I can keep an eye on any infections. My devices are (mostly) in the same location, so full remote administration and configuration is not that important, and the home version seems to have enough control in terms of allowing or blocking specific processes for what I need.

I've gone ahead with licenses for the home version for my primary devices.  Thanks again for taking the time to clarify the differences between the two versions for me.
Ok perfect! Happy to help.