Solved

Webroot Context Menu not there

• 25 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

This is an ongoing issue and I’ve emailed support about it but it was not resolved. But I’m asking here in case there is a solution they did not suggest.

Windows 10

Webroot SecureAnywhere 9.0.28.48

When I right click an exe or .zip I want to have scanned, Webroot is not there.  To scan a single file, I have to open Webroot >PC Security >Scan and Shields >Custom Scan >Custom >Add File/Folder >Find the file >Scan File.

That is a lot of work to scan one file. I enjoy the comfort of knowing a file is safe to run but I’m also lazy at times.

The Advanced Settings >Scan Settings >Enable Right-Click Scan in Windows Explorer box is checked.

I’ve uninstalled Webroot. Reinstalled. Made sure box was checked. No change.

Unclicked box, rebooted, clicked it again, rebooted. No change.

First noticed on new PC install. Problem exists on other PC laptop.

Any other ideas?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 25 May 2020, 23:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Offutticus 

It could be a issue within your Windows 10 install so have a look at some of these to see if they can help you.

Note: Webroot or I are in no way responsible for making any changes to Windows such as Registry changes and or any other fixes that someone might under take:  https://www.bing.com/search?q=context+menu+windows+10&form=ANSPH1&refig=8714fe2d618d4a4181b6e54487424f70

HTH,

Badge +1

I use Winaero and they have a program called Context Menu Tuner. Through it, I can add “Scan with Webroot” under “All Files” but it isn’t working.  I used the WRSA.exe in the Program Files >Webroot. Is there another file that I should use?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I use Winaero and they have a program called Context Menu Tuner. Through it, I can add “Scan with Webroot” under “All Files” but it isn’t working.  I used the WRSA.exe in the Program Files >Webroot. Is there another file that I should use?

WRSA.exe is the correct one so I’m not sure and again it’s an issue within your system. Maybe post in one of the PC help forums and they can help you.