Solved

Webroot for Windows 7

• 12 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

My Webroot seems to be active and the control panel says it was updated 5/22/22 and Defender says it’s active. I’m unable to execute the program or open or do a scan, the link or icon doesn’t react to anything. Help!

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 13 June 2022, 03:38

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @mikeycpa 

Please do a clean reinstall of WSA!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Userlevel 2

Thanks very much. I’ll try that today. 

Userlevel 2

Now it won’t let me uninstall it says login as admin which I am and the only person who ever used this computer. I tried to find the Webroot agent page without success. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @mikeycpa 

Please try this with the Administrator Command Prompt! https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-elevated-command-prompt/

"C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -uninstall

Click on pictures to see full size!

Then press enter:

Click on Yes then fill in the CAPTCHA Window to Uninstall.

If this doesn't work try in Safe Mode with Networking! https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode-b90e7808-80b5-a291-d4b8-1a1af602b617

Then reboot and go into Safe Mode and Check for the other Folders and Delete them!

If all fails then you will need to contact Webroot Support.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227 during the week Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Subscription Software from Best Buy:

BestBuy-GeekSquad logo

Chat with a Geek Squad Agent

Call 1-888-BEST-BUY or (1-888-237-8289)

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Also I know it sounds obvious but Windows 7 is no longer supported of patched by Microsoft. They used to and I am sure still do offer free upgrades to windows 10 which runs on some really legacy hardware. Apologies if your fully aware and use 7 for compatability purposes. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks. I’ll try this today. I’m only running Win 7 on an old machine that has some older business app’s that I can’t move to Win 10 which I’m running for business.