Solved

Webroot Group policy deployment struggles (Via CW Command)...

• 14 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi guys, hoping someone can help.

I have done a search but the only guide I could find in here was this, which doesn't really cover my issue: How to install using GPO | Webroot Community

I am currently setting up our client base with webroot endpoint protection via ConnectWise Command - has anyone else done this also? Steps I am taking as follows, but the long and short of it is that the agent (And webroot by proxy) is not installing:

• Download the desktop install agent and create a GP that should install the software package. I save the install file in a shared location which for the sake of troubleshooting, I have made available to EVERYONE
  • I am assigning the package via a UNC path so that it is accessible where they are on the network
  • I am creating a security group and adding all domain computers to the group
  • I add this group to the group policy and give them permissions
  • In the policy I configure wait time to 120 seconds 
  • I configure it to wait for the network before logging in as well

No joy still...any ideas? I really dont want to have to deploy this thing manually.

TIA

icon

Best answer by TylerM 14 April 2022, 19:20

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hey @Jamesharris85  Have you tried following this guide from our Answer.webroot.com site?

https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=17&app=vw&vw=1&solutionid=943&t=Using-Group-Policy-Object-GPO-to-install-the-Webroot-Business-Endpoint-Protection-agent

We also have a video - although a bit old

Also since you are using Connectwise there might be some specifics or tweaks and I’m not sure about those, but our business support should be able to help 

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket or

Call 1-866-612-4227