Solved

Webroot installs itself into ".%programfiles%" not "C:Program Files"

I am a long time happy Webroot customer. I download most installers into my C:SysAdminInstallers directory and run them from there, where the installer asks for the installation directory. No problem, I put in C:Program Files. 
With this Nov. 2018 release of WebRoot, however, things have changed. It overrode my specification and attempted to install itself into the following subdirectory:
C:SysAdminInstallers%program files%RllpdptrqVgdPtGk.exe
I attempt to put in C:Program Files and the WebRoot installer overrode it with %programfiles% as a subdirectory using requested randomized directory and file name.
C:SysAdminInstallers%program files%
Yes that is '%' in the file name. I figure I must be missing some basic concept or be infected by a virus. Yes both my machine and user environment variables are set as follows:
programfiles =C:Program Files
I think the last time I had to set environment variables was sometime in the 1980s with MS-DOS. I say "attempted" because the installation never completes--Webroot apparently looks for itslef in C:Program Files and can't find it, and then restarts installation in an endless loop.
icon

Best answer by akim 15 November 2018, 17:07

@bullitt, I would recommend that you open a ticket with our support team so they can take a closer look as there may be an underlying issue here. You can call them at 1-866-254-8400 or open a ticket

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@bullitt, I would recommend that you open a ticket with our support team so they can take a closer look as there may be an underlying issue here. You can call them at 1-866-254-8400 or open a ticket

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings