Solved

Webroot problems

• 26 November 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge +3

Webroot is blocking my steam games. Also webroot has slowed down my web pages when they load. I have no idea what is causing never had a problem. Problem started about 1 week ago. 

icon

Best answer by Anthony Bly 9 December 2019, 16:40

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @Anthony Bly , Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :relaxed:

Webroot may have to whitelist some files from your games to work right. When sending a Support Ticket a Webroot log is automatically sent to Webroot for Webroot to correct the problem.

Please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave.

Badge +3

I did a support ticket. Thought someone on the site might had the same problem and could help. Sorry 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I did a support ticket. Thought someone on the site might had the same problem and could help. Sorry 

Hey Anthony,

Welcome to the Webroot community! Since most of the Webroot team is on vacation today through Friday, you may see a delayed response. If you don’t hear anything by early next week, please let us know and I’ll reach out to our support team personally. Thanks!

-Keenan

Badge +3

OK now its been six days with a ticket in and nothing. Guess I will uninstall and put Nortons back on. No tech support here. Wow all I can see is wow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey there @Anthony Bly ,

I’ll reach out to the support team now and make sure they get back to you soon. 

*Edit* Hey Anthony, 
Looks like our support team sent a reply to you on november 28th asking for your subscription information because they couldn’t locate you as a customer. If you log back in to that support ticket, they can send you diagnostic logs and start looking into the problem.

-Keenan

Badge +1

I would also like to know the answer because my webroot is also blocking games and downloads.

Badge +3

I would also like to know the answer because my webroot is also blocking games and downloads.

If I ever find out will let you know going on 7 days now. There Tech guys still on vacation I guess.

Badge +3

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support.

Webroot has received reports of symptoms similar to those that you have reported. We have updated our software version to address these reports and we ask that you follow the steps below to update Webroot.

1. Right-click the Webroot system tray icon. This is typically located next to the clock display.
2. In the context menu that appears, click "Shut down protection".
3. If asked to confirm whether you want to shut down Webroot, click "yes". If prompted, complete the CAPTCHA window and click Enter.
4. To install the update, click the link below to download the latest installer.

http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsaupd.exe

5. Save the file to your desktop.
6. Double-click "wsaupd.exe" to run the update. Webroot will start automatically
7. Try to reproduce the issue you are experiencing.

If you do not see the option to shut down Webroot in the system tray, open your Webroot program and navigate to Advanced Settings > Install Settings. Ensure that the box labeled "Allow Webroot to be shut down manually" is checked. If it is not checked, check it and click Save All. Then click Close. After enabling this option, repeat steps 1-2 above.

Please reboot and restart your computer in order for the installation to be completed.

Should the issue reproduce or you have additional questions, please send us a reply in the "Send another message:" section of this page.

Sincerely,

The Webroot Support Team

This fixed my problems with webroot blocking Steam. 

Thanks support for fixing my Problems.