Solved

Webroot ratings not working

• 16 February 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
The Webroot ratings on my Google searches have always worked fine until today. When it was working I would get a green circle informing me that the website I'm about to go to is okay, but now I get a gray circle and when I hover over it I get a "Rating temporarily unavailable...." message.

Is there a system-wide Webroot problem or should I be doing something to restore the ratings?

Please advise.

Thanks.
Tom
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 16 February 2019, 01:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

https://status.webroot.com/

FWIW ~ Google search results annotations okay for me in Chrome.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @Giants1950 and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Can you please reboot your system to see if that fixes your issue? If not we will get you to do a clean reinstall of Webroot SecureAnywhere.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Thank you for the suggestion.

I first noticed the problem after Microsoft did an automatic update on my computer. I didn't initially connect the update with the lack of Webroot ratings.

A few minutes after you kindly posted your suggested remedy, I received another Microsoft update notice. So, I let the update occur. After that second update the ratings problem was solved and back to normal, so I didn't employ your suggestion (but will keep the sequence should a future-like problem occur).

I appreciate the time you took to help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Thank you for the suggestion.

I first noticed the problem after Microsoft did an automatic update on my computer. I didn't initially connect the update with the lack of Webroot ratings.

A few minutes after you kindly posted your suggested remedy, I received another Microsoft update notice. So, I let the update occur. After that second update the ratings problem was solved and back to normal, so I didn't employ your suggestion (but will keep the sequence should a future-like problem occur).

I appreciate the time you took to help.

Great and thanks for reporting back!

Cheers,
Userlevel 5
Badge +14
Hi, I have found that when this 'failure' occurs it is most often at a weekend. Whilst I cannot speak for WSA it is well known that Weekends & indeed during the night hours, IT providers frequently do updates, backroom work & etc in what is usually regarded as down time. Sometimes when I experience this 'failure' I find that Googling random traders, businesses etc in the same discipline will show Ratings ticks whilst others in another discipline will not. If you click on one which has no rating you will normally see an OK or otherwise by going to the green W in the top right corner. If you get a Grey circle where the W should be then it usually means that the Ratings service is down for some reason. Generally things get back to normal after a day or two although very occasionally the off line issue runs a bit longer. Whilst the Ratings are useful you should not worry because you are protected from malware as long as the Padlock is showing in the bottom right tool bar. I hope that this helps.