Solved

Webroot recently started blocking a game's Internet Connection

• 7 November 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Within the past few days, one of my games has no internet connection when webroot is enabled. This program never had an issue with webroot till recently. No settings I change will allow the connection unless I completely disable webroot. 

If it is allowing the connection, it makes it so slow that the connection always times out.

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 7 November 2019, 14:56

View original

6 replies

Badge +3

[Status Update] On some special occasions the connection works; however, for some reason the initial connection to the server is real long (Causing the connection to time out).  This is a webroot issue that popped up a day  or two ago.

Userlevel 7

Hello @NoUsernameFound Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.

Can you please try a “Clean Reinstall” of WSA.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

If that does not solve the problem,

Please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave.

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

@ProTruckDriver is right. The best place to go would be Support. Thanks for letting us know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey @NoUsernameFound ,

Any luck solving this with support? Did a reinstall fix your issues?

-Keenan

Badge +3

Sorry for not responding sooner. The issue seemed to fix itself as mysteriously as it happened. Without any obvious change, I can’t say what fixed it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Sorry for not responding sooner. The issue seemed to fix itself as mysteriously as it happened. Without any obvious change, I can’t say what fixed it.

WSA Cloud probably whitelisted files in the Webroot Cloud Database! You can check MD5 hash files here: http://snup.webrootcloudav.com/SkyStoreFileUploader/upload.aspx