Solved

Webroot taking up a lot of resources on my PC and slowing it down but can kill the process

• 4 September 2020
  • 1 reply

The reason I chose Webroot over other anti-virus software is because supposedly, it’s not a resource hog. The past couple of days my hard drive is spinning non-stop and the culprit appears to be Webroot. I was not able to kill the Webroot processes or uninstall the software as Windows is telling me I don’t have Administrator’s privilege although I had no issue uninstalling other software. I’m running Windows 10. When I opened the Webroot console, it freezes whenever I tried to make any change to the setting.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 4 September 2020, 03:02

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @nsudin 

Yes some are reporting the same issue but we can’t do anything on the Community so it’s best to Submit a Support Ticket so they can help you.

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue, it should be 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and they are busy.

Sorry as most if not all Webroot staff are working from home because of COVID 19.

Thanks for your understanding