Solved

What happen to my account?

• 23 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I renewed Webroot from an Amazon purchase and when I go to my account from within Webroot, I go to a place called Carbonite-Webroot and they don’t have all my information on second computer.    Have I been hacked, just a few minutes before that when I went to my account from within Webroot, it shows 7 days left on my two computers.  Then I put in new keycode and end up going to Carbonite-Webroot and have to create a whole new logon.  And it says my second computer has expired and it had 7 more days.  Haven’t started it yet to enter new keycode.  I don’t know what this Carbonite is? 

I see I can’t type suppose to be What happen to my account and it won’t let me change it.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 23 November 2022, 14:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @diverjer 

I’m not sure with Amazon so please contact Webroot support and they will sort it out!

Webroot Support:

Purchases, renewals, and upgrades

Mon - Fri 7 AM to 7 PM (MDT)

wr-customersales@opentext.com

Tel: 1-866-350-6089

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,

The Carbonite Webroot is the brand new console portal.   If you have logged in with your account and password and the key code info it should have added it to your profile. If you have already done that, you should see whatever pc’s have the new key code running.  Try adding it to the other pc and then hit scan.  Scanning all new pc’s  with the webroot will somehow register them to your account. Then when you log back in the other  pc should show up.    I am writing this b/c like you I purchased my keycode through Amazon.  I am not sure how you accessed the Carbonite Webroot console portal.  I usually go to webroot’s home page, then MY ACCOUNT and then HOME ACCTS.  When you get there you will see two ways to access the console portal. The new one (after March 22, 2022) and then the OLD one via a link a bit further down in the paragraph section (if you created acct before March 22, 2022).   If you were an old user like me the only way to add a new key code is to use the new console portal.  I had to update my password in the old portal to allign with the new portal’s password criteria. Then when I logged into the new portal with login info I inputed my keycode and it took..  But…. if you had 7 days left on the old and you activated the new keycode you lost the 7 days.  Only way I believe is to contact customer support and have them add the residual days to your new keycode.  It’s a hassel.  I would probably let it go. And if need be when the new one expires just get the trial one to cover the missed days.    Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Yes the new online portal, here is some info: https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=4106 But if the OP contacted Webroot support they would of helped him to set it up and make sure all is well.