Why isn't Webroot fixing the problem with Backup & Sync Dashboard crashing

• 9 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
  • New Voice
  • 6 replies

The issue of the backup/sync function not working correctly on Windows 10 is addressed in several posts.

I have been having this issue for at least 3 years on multiple computers.  I am occasionally able to get it to work.  Going thru the Support system multiple times has been fruitless and frustrating.  This is an issue that is not a priority for Webroot.  It was suggested to me that I use Carbonite.  Why are they advertising the backup/sync on the sales page when it doesn’t consistently work?  They need to fix this issue or remove backup/sync from the product.  This used to be a great feature that was a major part of my decision to use Webroot.  I am now considering a different product.  I have been a loyal Webroot user for several years and kept hoping they would fix the issue.   I get it that their main product is security.  But their lack of dealing with a persistent problem in a part of the product package causes me to question the integrity of the whole product.  

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@rjh ,

Can I ask what kind of answer was given to you by support? I’m happy to escalate the issue if needed. Please PM me any info you have including a support case number. Thank you!

ransomware gang has breached the infrastructure of at least three managed service providers (MSPs) and has used the remote management tools at their dispossal, namely the Webroot SecureAnywhere console, to deploy ransomware on the MSPs' customers systems. 

Webroot antivirus software is good and did well in our ratings. Webroot's antivirus software offers basic protections at a low price, and its top two tiers include e-commerce and banking protections, some identity theft monitoring, and password management.