Solved

Windows 10 Windows Defender and Webroot

• 2 June 2019
  • 9 replies

Badge +3
I there an existing conflict or even a chance of conflict; when installing both Windows Defender and Webroot SecureAnywhere V9 on my Window 10?
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 2 June 2019, 16:27

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @gborrero1 and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Windows Defender will be disabled when you install WSA but you can do Periodic Scanning with WD if you want. May I ask what Build of Windows 10 you are using? Build 1803, 1809 or 1903?

HTH,
Badge +3
I have Windows 10 Build 1809.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Then the above is what will happen when you install WSA.

Thanks,
Badge +3
I know I can turn it on at any time. Are they going to work well with each other or am I going to foresee a conflict between the two? And if I do turn it will the other be turned off by default?
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I know I can turn it on at any time. Are they going to work well with each other or am I going to foresee a conflict between the two? And if I do turn it will the other be turned off by default?
WD will not be on all the time but you will be able to do Periodic Scans with WD without any of WD's protective Shields just scanning and you should not have any issues or conflicts. Also since WSA is installed it will be your main AV unless you uninstall it as it says in the picture above it shows in Security Center. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-antivirus/limited-periodic-scanning-windows-defender-antivirus
Badge +3
So two(2) Antivirus Programs can not share the same "real time" scan option at the same time. I would have to give it to one and periodically remember to run a scan on the second?...…. My apologies if I ask too may questions. Just looking for the right thing to do my computer. Thank you in advance for your help. I really apricate your time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
It's a Microsoft thing as they are the ones stepping out of the way if you install another AV but you can run 2 other AV's in most cases as WSA was designed to work with other AV's again in most cases as things change so much in the AV market and some other AV's will tell you to uninstall the other AV but WSA will never ask you to uninstall another AV to install itself.

But if you install WSA you can run WD with Periodic Scans without issues!
Badge +3
So finally if ask who's Malware and Antivirus data list is larger, I'm going to guess you might be slightly bias to Webroot... LOL... You don't have to answer. Thank you so much for time TripleHelix. You've been really helpful. Safe computing. ;c)
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Have a look at these Videos!