windowssystem32driverswrkrn.sys

Show first post

58 replies

Hi Razied, 

Kindly share the cmd used in deleting mailicious program from your system.
I am looking to purchase Webroot for our company soon. We hae the trial version running (Version 9.0.18.34) does anyone know if the issue in this thread is still a problem on this version?
Userlevel 6
Badge +29
Hi

We addressed all known scenarios that lead to this issue with 9.0.18.34 .   

Hope that helps

Regards,

Jonathan.giffard
Senior Product Manager
WSA Business

Jonathan, still not working...I've had 2 of my Windows 2008 servers crippled with this isssue. Uninstalled Webroot on both and problem gone. Unlike the other memers in this thread, my problem only started a month ago. I'm running the latest release 9.0.18.38. My company has invested a lot of money with Webroot. Please advise on the way forward.
Userlevel 6
Badge +29
HI ,

Can you confirm that your servers were rebooted since the 9.0.18.38 release and that the sympton you are seeing is a zero byte wrkrn.sys file? 

thanks

Jonathan

We just had this issue this morning on a 2008 Standard server.  We renamed .sys file and rebooted and everthing is good right now.  I verfied that the Webroot version was 9.0.18.44
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Yeah for me I get into the command prompt mode in the recovery options and to the magic windows commands to delete or rename and it reboots fine, however I hope to see this resolved entirely soon, as I have lots of pressures on me as a beta tester and QA person for 4 companies.
i renamed the wkrkrn.sys extension and copy the file from a working computer and the issue got resolved.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings