windowssystem32driverswrkrn.sys

• 6 September 2016
  • 58 replies

Show first post

58 replies

Hi Razied, 

Kindly share the cmd used in deleting mailicious program from your system.
I am looking to purchase Webroot for our company soon. We hae the trial version running (Version 9.0.18.34) does anyone know if the issue in this thread is still a problem on this version?
Userlevel 7
Badge +31
Hi

We addressed all known scenarios that lead to this issue with 9.0.18.34 .   

Hope that helps

Regards,

Jonathan.giffard
Senior Product Manager
WSA Business

Jonathan, still not working...I've had 2 of my Windows 2008 servers crippled with this isssue. Uninstalled Webroot on both and problem gone. Unlike the other memers in this thread, my problem only started a month ago. I'm running the latest release 9.0.18.38. My company has invested a lot of money with Webroot. Please advise on the way forward.
Userlevel 7
Badge +31
HI ,

Can you confirm that your servers were rebooted since the 9.0.18.38 release and that the sympton you are seeing is a zero byte wrkrn.sys file? 

thanks

Jonathan

We just had this issue this morning on a 2008 Standard server.  We renamed .sys file and rebooted and everthing is good right now.  I verfied that the Webroot version was 9.0.18.44
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Yeah for me I get into the command prompt mode in the recovery options and to the magic windows commands to delete or rename and it reboots fine, however I hope to see this resolved entirely soon, as I have lots of pressures on me as a beta tester and QA person for 4 companies.
i renamed the wkrkrn.sys extension and copy the file from a working computer and the issue got resolved.