Solved

Word Document had multiple files

• 17 June 2020
  • 1 reply

I had to reset my computer recently and afterwards I used a flash drive I had backed up my files onto to reinstall some word documents.  After I did this, I scanned the folder with all my documents and webroot said I had over 3,000 files in the folder when I know there are only a couple hundred at most.  Then, I scanned an individual word document and it said that one single document contained 11 files.  This only happened with word documents.  I had a few notepad files that still only had one file, but for all my microsoft word files, it scans multiple files.  What would cause this?

This was from one single document.
This was from the entire folder I had my documents in.  According to this, there are only 317 files inside.
And yet, this is what the scan looked like after I scanned that same folder.  It says there’s about 100 times as many files in the folder as the properties window said.
​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 17 June 2020, 02:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @CuriousGeorge 

Not sure about this and haven’t seen anything like this myself so it would be best to Submit a Support Ticket and ask them to look into it and put a link to this thread in the Ticket so they can see for themselves.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue and support can take up to 48 hours to reply or a little longer because of COVID-19.

Thanks,