When my subscription was about to expire, I purchased a new keycode, and activated it on all my PC’s. The program seems to be working fine, but every day I get a pop-up which says: "Your New Keycode Has Been Acitvated. Additional tools and options are available to help you set up your new keycode."
I opened a Support Ticket, and they suggested re-installing Webroot. I would rather not go through that hassle, on each of my PC’s. Does anyone know of another way to get this pop-up to stop?
(BTW: If I click on the link in the pop-up, it goes to a non-existent web page.)
Best answer by ProTruckDriver
What Support said is about the only way to stop the pop-ups. To do a uninstall / Clean Reinstall:
Please follow the steps closely!
- Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
- Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
- KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
- Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
- Uninstall WSA and Reboot
- Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
- Let it finish it's install scan
- Reboot once again