Solved

"Your New Keycode Has Been Acitvated"

• 4 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

When my subscription was about to expire, I purchased a new keycode, and activated it on all my PC’s.  The program seems to be working fine, but every day I get a pop-up which says: "Your New Keycode Has Been Acitvated. Additional tools and options are available to help you set up your new keycode." 

I opened a  Support Ticket, and they suggested re-installing Webroot.  I would rather not go through that hassle, on each of my PC’s.  Does anyone know of another way to get this pop-up to stop?

(BTW: If I click on the link in the pop-up, it goes to a non-existent web page.)

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 4 November 2019, 00:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hello @EJ27 

What Support said is about the only way to stop the pop-ups. To do a uninstall / Clean Reinstall:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

HTH,

Dave.