Under Review

Add option to reject a call

• 15 February 2013
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 7
The security product does a great job of blocking calls, but they go straight to voicemail.

Can the option be added to reject the call? In this case, the call would be dropped or receive a busy signal and not go to voicemail.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
If I could kudo this twice, I would.  
Userlevel 7
DavidP, it's the thought that counts!
Userlevel 7
Just curious if you really need the voicemail because if not then blocking a call goes to a busy signal. Just asking folks.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
The security product does a great job of blocking calls, but they go straight to voicemail.

Can the option be added to reject the call? In this case, the call would be dropped or receive a busy signal and not go to voicemail.
Without the Android I can send specific numbers straight to voicemail... I would love the option to out and out block.  In some situations, like my neice calling, I would want to divert to voicemail.  In other situations, like my brother calling, it would be nice to block straight to a busy signal with no voicemail option.  😃
Userlevel 7
pegas, there are times when I can't get to my phone, or may be on my work phone and can't answer my cell phone. If it is a number that is not blocked, I have no problem with, and prefer, them leaving a voicemail.
Userlevel 7
@ cohbraz
OK it does give a sense.
Userlevel 6
What about an option that builds off both those features.  Essentially, you would have options to either send a specific number to voicemail, or it would get disconnected.  I use the reject feature for the spam calls I get, but because they are computers, they often still leave messages.
Userlevel 7
Richard, that is exacty what I want! 😃
Userlevel 7
Richard,

Exactly!!  :D  One more note though: On my cell phone, I do not have to add 1 in front of every number in my address book; 10 digits is all I need.  The last time I used the WSA Mobile, the call block feature was very annoying to set up as I had to edit all my contacts for WSA Mobile to recognize them.  It rejected all numbers as being invalid unless the 1 was added to the front.
Userlevel 7
This should be doable. We're looking into it, and we'll update again when have an update.
Userlevel 7
Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Is there an update on the update?
Userlevel 7
I'm afraid that at this time we don't have any update on the update to update the update with.  ;)
We haven't forgotten about this though.  The mobile department has been pretty busy lately with some behind the scenes stuff, but this idea is still recognized as a good one.
Userlevel 7
Thanks Jim!  Please do let us know when there is an update to any update on the update of the update.  :D

PS.  Welcome back!  We missed you this week!
Userlevel 7
Thanks David 🙂
Userlevel 7
Thanks Jim. I appreciate you updating me on the status of the update!