Under Review

Add the ability to send quarantine files directly to Webroot for checking for false positives.

• 28 March 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Add the ability to send quarantine files directly to Webroot for checking for false positives. As it is right now, you have to take the files out of quarantine and put the suspect files back into the system, then you can attach the file and send it to Webroot. Putting the file back into the system from quarantine does not sound like a very safe way to get a file checked by Webroot. Other AV software can send files from their safe/quarantine areas so I would think Webroot could do the same.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Sounds like an idea worth exploring especially if there is a way of linking this up with the Webroot File Submission site : http://snup.webrootcloudav.com/SkyStoreFileUploader/upload.aspx#md5Baldrick
When you do open a ticket to send a file for checking it comes back about as fast as you would expect an automated system to reply - almost immediately.  It's probably something that is or could easily be automated.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
It would certainly make it easier and faster to move through system startup.  I need to be able to use my machine quickly, not spend a lot of time administering security house keeping.  Great idea.