Complete

Adding a Webroot SDK to VirusTotal

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
It would be nice to add Webroot to VirusTotal as Prevx was on there for a long time but was removed because the SDK was not updated and didn't show the true Detection rate!

Daniel 😉

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Good idea TH, I'd like to see the name of Webroot on there also! 😃
Userlevel 7
I second this idea as well.
Userlevel 7
We need to add the ability to do a command-line scan in order for Webroot to be listed on VirusTotal. It is on the company to-do list. 🙂
Completely agree - it's where I go when I suspect malware.  As long as you trust your product, it's an easy way to show off and drive sales, not to mention add to your data pool!  

Steve

Userlevel 5
It would be useful to have Webroot as one of the scanners listed on VirusTotal. However, nothing beats having the actual program on your system as other technologies contained within come into play. Something that VT doesn't always take into account.
Userlevel 7
I was reading back some older ideas and ran into this... can we say big Kudo's?
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Thanks David it would be a great addition to have Webroot on VirusTotal as all the major competitors are on there and I know allot of users from other Security Forums that use VirusTotal everyday!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 6
Hi Daniel
Great idea !

Userlevel 2
  9 & ½ months since last post (even longer since Tony or Jim posted any news to this thread) - any word on whether Google ever plans to allow Webroot to be added to VirusTotal?
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Can we get an update of possible action on this! It's been on Hold for the last 2 years. @  @ @ @ 

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Can we get an update of possible action on this! It's been on Hold for the last 2 years Plus @ @ @ @ @ @ and there lot's of Kudo's.

Thanks,

Daniel 🙂
Userlevel 7
YEPPERS...I will definitively second that...!!!!!!!Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I don't know of any active plans on this one, but I'll double-check.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah I confirmed that this one is still on hold - no current plans to implement it.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
It's been a long time and it would be very nice to see Webroot on VirusTotal and I remember Talking to ? about it during my Bronze VIP Chat with a Webroot Executive so give me a name to howler at to see if we can get this done!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
I also would like to see this done.  We already know WSA detects thing faster on average than the competition, it would be nice to show it off where I can quote it and put some drive in my Webroot pride.

:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
I totally agree with you ? I would love to have this available!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
I have changed my mind on this!

Webroot is smart not to be on VT so that Malware Writers can't check to see if it's detected by WSA so it's best to keep them in the dark!

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Webroot determinations are now available on VT. 

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings