Under Review

Automatic Mobile Upload

Userlevel 7
I woudl liek to see an automatic upload feature on the mobile app for backup & sync. That way, whenever a picture is taken, it is automatically uploaded to Webroot and not have to be done manually or through the camera button inside the backup and sync app.

This will make it much easier to ensure that a users data and pictures are safe even if the phone or device gets stolen.

16 replies

Hi cohbraz,
Thank you for the post.  That is a great product suggestion.  We will add this feature request to our work list and prioritize for a future release.  Thank you for the feedback!
Userlevel 7
Great to hear. Thank you very much!
Userlevel 7
Just checking back in to see if there is any update on this. Hopefully it is still in process to be implemented.
Userlevel 7
Any update on this? It is still a feature that I would really like to see added.
Userlevel 6
I have not heard anything, Perhaps TripleHelix knows something?
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi there Corey nice to see you again! It would be best to ping @ and or @ and they can give us an update, since I did already they will know on Monday or Tuesday.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Hey, Corey, where have you been hiding buddy?  Long time no see/hear.  I see that Daniel has replied but to say the least things seem to have been very quite on the mobile app front, even more so than on the mian app front...hopefully that menas that new functionality is just around the corner...;)

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I haven't heard any updates on this.  My understanding is there is some internal discussion going on right now about what updates and changes are going to be prioritized for Backup & Sync, so I'll let you guys know when I hear anything about new features.
Userlevel 7
I think this would be a great feature. Even better: add the option to backup contacts and text messages as well.

BTW: I am still around. Just been too busy at work to spend much time here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi cohbraz! Thanks for the update!

Salute':D
Userlevel 7
Any update on the idea request?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I haven't heard anything, but let me check.
Userlevel 7
Thanks @ 
Userlevel 7
I noticed that this hasn't been updated in a while.

My wife just had a friend who had an issue with her phone. During the repair process she lost everything. All of her pictures of her son that was stored on her phone. Gone forever.

This may not sound like a major feature to have - but lose everything or a few very important things becuse you forgot to backup or did not have a backup in place - and you will see how important automatic backup can be. 

I feel that this is a major flaw in the current Complete version for mobile devices. Nealy all of the file backup software from competitors have this feature. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
I checked with the mobile product team, and they said that this specific functionality is not currently on the mobile roadmap. One reason is that enabling automatic on-going synch of everything on a device would have a significant hit to battery life, device performance and potentially utilize a lot of a customer’s mobile data plan. The focus of backup and synch right now is on a lightweight (battery, performance, and data plan utilization, etc.) app for synching the most important files across devices. 
Userlevel 7
Thanks for checking on this.

I fully understand their position on this issue, but if properly implemented, it would not consume excessive battery life or data.

Some other online storage providers have options that can be set:
Use WiFi only (default) or Use Wifi and Mobile Data
Upload new pictures/video immediately or Upload only when plugged in (default)

These options prevent excessive data usage as well as battery usage.