Complete

Backup Speed / Bandwidth Usage

• 6 May 2013
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
I would like to see the abaility to adjust the amount of bandwidth that the backup and sync function uses. By being able to set a low, medium, or high usage, the backup feature can still run but the internet upload speed can be adjusted so it does not slow down regular usage so much.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hmm, it's really interesting idea Corey. I Kudoed it. Perhaps it could be adjusting the amount of bandwidth automatically as per traffic.
Userlevel 7
I like this idea.. Kudo'd!
Userlevel 7
I like the idea very much.:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Same here Kudo'd! 😃
Userlevel 7
Nice Idea. 😃
Userlevel 7
Thanks! I aim to please! 😃
Userlevel 6
Badge +12
We plan changes and updates to the Backup & Sync feature as part of our 2014 release. However, the final set of changes is not yet determined so we do not know if this specific feature is included. We will update when we have more information.
Userlevel 7
While this is still an idea that interests us, we'd like to know if anyone is seeing any network slowdowns in actual use with the current setup before we take action on this. If it's not broke, don't fix it, so is your network traffic slow during uploads? Notably, sync will already pause itself when a full screen application is active or when on battery power.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Thank you for your suggestion, however we are not looking to implement this, at this time.