Complete

Backup/Sync Files Share Option

• 19 April 2013
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
It would be great to be able to have the ability to share a file that is backed up. It would allow the user to create a link to the file and have the option to password protect the file for the shared link. A timeframe could also be set for how long the link will be valid.

Realbworld example: Let's say I have a large video clip that is backed up by Webroot and I want my mom to view it. The file would be too large to email, so I could just set up a share option for the file that can be emailed to her. She can click the link to get direct access (download/view only) and watch the clip.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12
The addition of sharing features is on our product road map, but there is no timeline for implementation yet.
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
I think this would greatly improve the value of the online backup and syncronization which Webroot currently has.

It would be nice to be able to set timeframes or limit number of downloads for the shared links after which they might expire to ensure the user remains in control of what they share.

Userlevel 7
Hello,

We are currently putting this feature on hold as backup and sync has no plans for future enhancements at this time.

I will update this if anything changes.

Best Regards,

James G.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Thank you for your suggestion, however we are not looking to implement this, at this time.