Complete

Better compatibility with UDK

• 25 February 2012
  • 3 replies

Hello, I wasn't sure where to post this exactly but I had a head scratching issue for quite awhile that I just figured out how to solve.  I've been a long time supporter of Webroot products and I also enjoy using UDK (Epic game's Unreal Development Kit for creating video games) and for some reason when using the latest releases of UDK and opening up their material editor window, my computer practically freezes for about 5 minutes before the window comes up, this is a process that should take no more than half a second.

I'm sure there's an option somewhere in Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials that would eliminate this issue but for now the only option I found that works is to shut down Webroot from running, which is obviously less than ideal.

Anyway, if anyone can point me in the right direction I sure would appreciate it, thanks guys!

-A-

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi NeonMonkey and welcome to the community!

This compatibility issue has not yet been reported to my knowledge.  Please open a support ticket by clicking here, so our support team can investigate this issue to help with this compatibility.
Userlevel 7
NeonMonkey, were you able to get this resolved with our support team?
Userlevel 7
It appears this was resolved. I took a look at your ticket, and the most recent version of UDK as of the time of your post was whitelisted. That should have resolved the problem. UDK tends to update about once every 30 to 90 days though, and with new code entering the world that we haven't seen before, it is possible there may be a bit of lag between it appearing the in world and Webroot learning to not treat it with suspicion. That usually happens pretty quickly, but if you run into the same problem again down the road please let us know and we will look at whitelisting newer versions for you.