Problem: Latest Windows 10 versions dont always allow install of the Webroot Filtering Extension, and newer versions of Chrome dont allow it. A user or IT admin may also manuallly uninstall the Webroot Filtering Extension in Chrome.
Soution: If a user or IT admin wants to reinstall/freshinstall the extension there should be a button called “Install Webroot Filtering on Browser” under Utilities in Webroot SecureAnywhere - that forces an install. If it doesnt succeed then the button should also reveal and direct URL link to install it via the browser address bar.
Where to implement the solution:
- Webroot SecureAnywhere software but also on the online Console.
- Under Utlities tab or under the PC Security tab (on the right side o the software) and somewhere on the website console as well.
- Add button called “Install Webroot Filtering on Browser”
- Then the button then reveals a dropdown menu for: Chrome, Edge, Mozilla, Safari
- It then tries to install the extension or plugin for the relevant browser. You have to confirm in Webroot that its done. If not thenyou tick a tickbox that says “Didnt install” and gives you the direct URL or instructions to install it.