Under Review

do not lock device when use locate device ( mobile )

• 21 December 2014
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Hi ,

i suggestion when user use locate Device feature , do not lock device .

Thanks ,

Amir

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi durantash

Is this another idea or are you trying to provide specific help to a user?  I am not clear as to what you are trying to achieve with this contribution.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Hello Baldrick ,

This is new idea for mobile security solution .

i used many Security solutions for home & mobile & networks and very likely help to webroot for optimize products and like many users use webroot products and services .

about this idea i installed webroot mobile and survey it and when think to new idea write it at webroot community .

:)

Regards ,
Amir

Userlevel 7
Hi durantash...once again, in my opinion this is just an idea too far, and will just unnecessary baggage to WSA.  So I am afraid that I cannot support it.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Dear Baldrick ,

i ask ,

when for lock device available other option , why When user need and use locate device , device must lock ?!

locate device is good but must hidden on device .

Also I suggestion delete on screen log when user send request for locate device .

Regards ,

Amir

Userlevel 7
I agree with this feature idea. I thought I had wrote about this exact same issue a year or more ago, but can't find it.

Basically what he is saying that when you are logged in to your account and attempt to locate your device, it locks automatically. Locking the phoen shoudl be optional. There may be instances where you want to see where your device is without alerting the person using it, for example.

Either make the lock function a seperate command, or have a command to locate and a commande to lock & locate.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
yes ,

When user use locate device and Suddenly lock device and show locate log , theft shut down device or maybe Destroy it . then user very Jitter and do not purchase and use webroot AV  . 😠
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi ,

i suggestion when user use locate Device feature , do not lock device .

Thanks ,

Amir

Yes, I agree. I have wanted this feature for a long time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
cohbraz

Thank you understand me .

Regards ,

Amir

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Same here I didn't know until I tried it! So you got my Kudo!!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hello there!!

I've been very reluctant to even try this so I do think I would want to be able to unlock my device. But this feature is a security feature to lock our devices.

So don't you think we'd need a dual authenication to unlock?
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
It's to make your phone Scream when you can't find it but at the same time it locks it and the purpose of this Idea why does it lock as there is a command to Lock Phone on the Online Console as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Thanks for that explanation! ;)

Userlevel 7
Right now there are two options "Locate" and "Lock", but the Locate function autolocks the device. It's kind of redundant, and there may be cases where the user does not want to lock their device. A person can always click Lock then Locate if they do want to lock it. 

I requested this same functionality change back in 2012 here
Userlevel 7
Anyone from Webroot want to comment on this feature request?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
The lock on locate is by design - since most times you want to locate the device it is because it has been stolen or lost.  That way you don't have to remember to do two commands.  I'll pass your feedback along however.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
I think lock device with locate device command is Security flaw .
Userlevel 7
Nic, I understand what you are saying, but I promise that if a phone is stolen it is no problem to remember the two commands. 

Besides, there may be instances where you do not want to tip off the thief that you are tracking the phone. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That's a good point @ - I'll pass that along.
Userlevel 7
Thanks @ 
Userlevel 7
Hey @ did this get anywhere?

It is actually one of my main dislikes about the Webroot mobile software - I can't locate the device without locking it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
No news other than what I wrote above.
Userlevel 7
We want new news! :@
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Thank you @  😃
Userlevel 7
Thanks Nic, but "Under Consideration" would be even better... "Implemented" would be best!
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Thank you for your suggestion 😃