Under Review

Fix existing WebRoot interface problems

I'm currently using SecureAnywhere v9.0.17.28.

When I left-click on View My Report from within the interface, the associated web page opens and displays inaccurate information. For example, 1) the number of scans is always the same (83); 2) under Protection Status, it shows two key services as being disabled - Firewall and Web Threat Shield - yet, my interface screen clearly shows them as being enabled and active; 3) when I right-click on the taskbar icon for WebRoot and left-click on the Check for Updates option, it tells me that a new app version is available and asks if I want to update. I select the YES button, then it displays a dialog box telling me that the update isn't available right now. It did that for this current version that I'm using and the previous one. I completely uninstalled the app from my computer and reinstalled this latest version in order to use it.

Will you please fix these issues with the interface before providing any new ones?

1 reply

I assume you are referring to the Personalized Security Report.

I have said it before and I'll say it again: this report is, as you correctly point out, INACCURATE and therefore useless. As a result, it is a home goal for Webroot only serving to sow uncertainty and doubt regarding the reliability of Webroot among any customers (such as yourself) who take the care to analyse its results. It is frankly also a nuisance.

Webroot should get rid of the wretched thing.

There is another Ideas Exchange regarding this report here but, as it does not deal with the root issue, i.e. the fact that this Report is FUNDAMENTALLY flawed, and therefore is not proposing getting rid of it but only having control regarding if and when you see it, I have not felt able to contribute to that Exchange.

Regarding your third point, I have neither seen that behaviour on my own devices nor heard of it from other users before, so I suggest you contact Support* as this may be a problem specific to your computer.

*Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responds will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings