Complete

Free Support Phoneline for UK Webroot customers, please!

• 30 January 2017
  • 21 replies

I have just discovered that the UK is the only country where you are charged to contact Support (0870 141 7070) — and charged quite steeply at that.

This can't be right !!??!!???

It was the following post that drew my attention to this:
@ wrote:
.....My issue was dealt with while I waited, it took an hour or two all told, but AFAIK the call was free (it had better be).
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Webroot-causing-software-to-hang-in-Windows-7/m-p/284081/highlight/true#M29335

Are Webroot actively trying to lose UK customers??? When @ sees his phone bill at the end of the month, I imagine he will be an extremely unhappy customer to see that he is being charged (and very steeply at that if I am not mistaken) for the privilege of having Webroot correct problems being caused on his machine by Webroot's software !!! What is more, being in contact through games forums with other Battlefront games customers using Webroot and encountering the same problem, I can well imagine that this will have ripple effects.

C'mon Webroot!! Why should Webroot customers from the UK, the country from whence hails the cybersecurity firm Webroot can thank for the entire architecture of its antimalware products, have to pay to get technical support by phone? Step up your game, and offer UK customers a free phone number like all the other countries you offer a Support phoneline to: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact !

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Outrageous omission...;):D

Of course a free phone line (or Toll Free as our US brethren would say) would be good/appreciated.

Baldrick 
Baldrick: "Outrageous omission ;)"

Sorry Baldrick if you think I went over the top :$

But think about it: Support phone calls can go on for a long time (squarehead666: "an hour or two all told") and that adds up. Considerably so! Better either simply to have no Support phone number but only email Support, or to have a proper toll free (thanks for the American English correction ;)) phone line.
Userlevel 7
Muddy7

The "Outrageous omission" was a joking comment on the faact that the UK is the only country that Webroot does not havea freephone number for...the clue was in the :D right at the end of the line...;)
OK! I'm afraid I'm getting a bit dull and slow-minded in my old age  ;):D

Keef
Userlevel 7
Aren't we all...;)
Don't rub it in 😠
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Great.....I find this out just as I log back in because I've had another problem with this buggy POS software.

Screw this.....Webroot is history as soon as my current licenses expire.

Think I'll forward them an invoice for my phonecalls plus my time & inconvenience plus the damage to my brand new hard drive caused exclusively by shutdowns forced by their software, not to mention all the bloody stress they cause.....What do you think I should ask for?  Do you think this amounts to discriminatory business practices?  Perhaps a more qualified individual should study this matter.
@

QED.

Yes, if I were in your position, I would also be tempted to send an invoice for time lost and phone bills sustained. What will come of that though, heaven only knows!

However I wouldn't give up on Webroot as of yet. (It has an awful lot going for it, honest injun! It's not for nothing it's so popular among gamers even though your experience so far has been very much to the contrary.). I'd rather give them a right rollicking that Support simply whitelisted your files (the lazy solution) rather than, at the same time, taking the trouble to get to the bottom of the underlying problem (after all, you did warn them this was liable to happen again as a new Battlefront version was shortly to come out). And DON'T use the phone line!!! Use the Support email link I gave you.

Oh, for the days of Prevx Support 😳! But despite that genuine pang of nostalgia, I contend that Webroot is still relatively speaking the best cybersecurity solution (by far) on the market at the moment (though, it would seem, not for Battlefront users at the moment!).

PS. And specifically ask for your issue to be "escalated" to the next level of Support.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
It's a different game from the same company, it's also around a decade old, so it's a problem I shouldn't be having.....As I said Webroot is history.

I buy games like most people buy food.....I don't have time for this shit every time I install something new. 

Seeing as PC gaming is the biggest industry in the field and word about Webroot is spreading fast, I predict a sharp downturn in their fortunes before very long.....Gamers talk, loud and long, and you'd be surprised just who spend their time playing them, it ain't all kids.
I understand your point of view. (Although as I said, I believe this issue can be successfully resolved if you are prepared to escalate)

As I also said (with somewhat grim resignation)

QED:
@ wrote:
When @ sees his phone bill at the end of the month, I imagine he will be an extremely unhappy customer to see that he is being charged (and very steeply at that if I am not mistaken) for the privilege of having Webroot correct problems being caused on his machine by Webroot's software !!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
The silence from officialdom in this thread is quite deafening.

@

No. Typical.

If you look back over past Ideas Exchanges, it takes "officialdom" quite a considerable time to react to suggestions for changes. Indeed, often frustratingly so.

However, you can help by adding your Kudos if you agree with my suggestion (go to top left-hand corner of this page and click on the arrow). The more Kudos an Idea receives, the more likely Webroot will look favourably upon it.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
The issue with my new game seems to have gone away all of it's own too, which is rather odd, but I'm calling it a result.....I've got a Support Ticket ongoing so we'll see what develops.

I'm a lot more annoyed about probably being charged for my call.....That is just not on, as I asked the guy that I was talking to and was assured the call was free.

Kudos added.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Just earned another achievement (WooYay!), I'm adamant they should be renamed.....If anyone gets that ten-thousand post achievement in this forum, their title should be: "My Install Is So Screwed".
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Great news  @   😃
Just seen this change of status, and I second Nemo's hearty endorsement.

Thanks, @, and to all who made this decision !!
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Happy to share that our support contacts page is now updated with toll free and local phone numbers for our UK callers. Thanks to our support team for making this happen. Here is the link again :
https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Thanks
Pawani

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Awesome news. Thank you for letting us know Pawani!:D
Great news. Thanks!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Fantastic news, thank you @ and all of those concerned.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Happy to share that our support contacts page is now updated with toll free and local phone numbers for our UK callers. Thanks to our support team for making this happen. Here is the link again :
https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Thanks
Pawani