Under Review

Guide to Forum Functions

• 4 February 2014
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 7
Could it be worthwhile, or needed, to have some sort of help/guide/faq for some of the functionality of this particular forum software, if similar doesn't already exist?

I've failed to understand, for example, how to properly quote until nic said it here    Re: WSA and Wakelocks - Webroot Community  
And how do you properly quote a few lines etc.?

Don't worry if it's felt not to be needed. And members can always experiment ( a test area?), and find out how to do things.
Could be a help also for new members?

Thanks,
Dermot

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi Dermot,

Good point maybe there is a Guide how to use this Lithium Board Software which is basically built on HTML code.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
A good suggestion Dermot...there is always something that someone does not know but would like to...and a handy guide in the form of a KB article or the like would do the trick.

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
I think that is a great idea Dermot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
There's a general help for the site here that covers all the basic functions of the Lithium platform.  Does that give you what you are needing or are you asking for something more in depth?
Userlevel 7
Seems to give the basics but I could not find any reference to how to use the quote functionality...or at least easily in the quick tour I took.  But to be honest with this avaialble I suspect that it will cover most of what most users will want to know...and if we cannot find a reference to a specific requirement or question then I suppose that a question to Community Forum Staff would not be misplaced?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah you can always ask us if you have specific questions.  I could potentially do a mini-guide to the most important features as a KB.
Userlevel 7
That sounds like a good idea, Nic, to which others could be added as and when a need manifested itself/there was enough interest/demand expressed.  I like the idea. 😉
Userlevel 7
Thank you very much @  for your advice, and suggestion that we can always add to it. I think that will certainly cover it, with all the great input we get in this Community! :D

Thanks All!

Dermot

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sounds good.  I'll work on a TKB of some of the community features that aren't obvious and aren't covered in the help.  Any other big ones besides the Quote feature that you'd like to see covered?
Userlevel 7
Badge +51
How to insert a screenshot or video.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi Petr please see here you will be able to post pictures when you reach Community Guide and Video's when one has reached Expert Advisor! https://community.webroot.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/VIP_Program#.Uv0SGIXDt_d

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +51
Thanks you, Daniel. Apologies for the stupid question)
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi Petr there is no such thing as a stupid question! ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Thank you for this idea, we are currently working on the layout for this and will report back once we have more in place. What type of content would you like to see?