New

Make WR even less intrusive

Webroot considers itself to be a non intrusive protection solution with less interference etc. And compared to the competitors it might be correct in many cases, but that don’t mean that it cannot be any better. I’ve used webroot for a month or so, and this is my views on this specific topic:

• First I got a bunch of emails of different kind. Had to unsubscribe one at a time. Keep everything at a minimal and let users opt out already from start.
  • When logging in to the OS, the default setting should be to not see the dock icon. For me it’s just an extra couple of unnecessary clicks to close it.
  • The webroot icon in the menubar should not stand out with it’s green color when every other icon is black & white. Though it’s fine to have a more subtle icon there so that I know that is up and running.
  • I can see why you have popups with reports and such to show the users they really get something from their product. But let users that already understand the value of the product have a setting not to see popups of any kind - unless directly related to any threat. Don’t sell it twice.

For me an AV or FW etc. is something I do not want to interact with - except when absolutely necessary!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!