Under Review

More control of Personalised Security Report and other IPM

Userlevel 7
Have noticed  in the Fora that there have been a number of users reporting dissatisfaction at the way that the Personalised Security Report is notified and the control that they have over how it interacts with their systems/themselves, etc.

As a result I am starting a feature request to try to capture this centrally as this is really the place for such views to reside if change is to have a chance of being achieved IMHO.

So common issues that users feel that they need rectified are:

1. Seeing the notification message on every login.  

Suggested that that the frequency should be much more limited (maybe only show the message once per month and that the prompt should disappear by itself if not interacted with by the user after so many seconds.  As it is, the prompt only goes away if you click on "Learn More" (which opens the web page with the stats) or the "X" in the upper right (which closes the window).

So extrapolating from this the conclusion to draw here is the provision of user definable parameters for (i) number of prompts to be shown & interval (in secs) before stopping & (ii) time after which prompt/notification will auto disappear if not responded too.

2. Ability to turn off notification

User defined setting that allows the user to decide whether they are interested in even receiving sucha report, and therefore associated notification (not that I can understand why one would not want too...;))

3. Control to be provided via My Account/Web Console

And one of my own, given the above:

Provision of the above above suggested settings to be handled as another option in the Web Console, very much in the same way as control of the Advanced Settings can be handled that way.  Believe that as the deployment of the report "is controlled by the backend rather than the agent" to quote JoeJ, it makes sense for any new user settings that may be provided to also effectively reside at the backend rather than the client.

Well, I hope that provides a suitable starter for further comments by those who want to make them so that we can see if the feature (which I personally like) can be enhanced.

So please post & comment away, folks...:D

EDIT: To add point 4. (from David's comments below)

Provision of the ability to be able to view the latest/last Report published "On Demand".  Suggestion is the addition of a permanent tool or option, to access this, under the Utilities, Reports tab.  Thanks, David...a very good one!

Regards

Baldrick

91 replies

Thanks to Baldrick for pulling comments on this feature into the right forum.  I am one of the users that had commented elsewhere and would like to note my support for a review of this feature.  Thanks to the developers for considering feedback from the community!
Userlevel 7
@BaldrickThank you for this very fine Report and Request/Idea....It gets a big thumbs-up from me! 😉
It's of paramount importance that companies must always take note of, analyse, and act upon the perceptions and feedback from their customers.

I have to agree with the OP. Having this come up and stay everytime I log in is unacceptable. I almost uninstalled the whole software because of this. I don't mind it comming up then going away if you either click on the learn more, or ignore it, but it doesn't.
Userlevel 7
Hi Walter  @Walterdt3 

The best way to show support for the idea apart from a positive comment is to give the idea a kudo (by clicking on the big up arrow to the left of the idea title).

Thanks

Baldrick

(I do not solicit kudos in the support fora themselves...but here as it counts to the ranking and support for the idea I allow myself this little indulgence...;))
Userlevel 7
I like this idea, but I would like to add more to it.  I have yet to see this feature, and I really would like to.  I would really like to see it added to be able to view "On Demand".  Would it be possible to add a permanent tool to access this under the Utilities, Reports tab?
Userlevel 7
Excellent idea, David...let's make it no. 4 in the list.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
I like that Idea David we will see what @JoeJ has to say on that one!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
I agree completely, it is a great idea. I had the report show once but I would certainly like to see it on a more regular basis so an "On Demand" maybe the way to go if it could be added.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Same here I only seen once and I think Joe said it was a monthly thing? But to have it On-Demand would be nice as David said under the Utilities, Reports tab?

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
And let's not forget the other features requested so that users who, unlike David, are getting too much of the report when it is available, can tailor the notifications to their liking...
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Yes also that for sure Baldrick!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Hello, Yes Baldrick, a big thumbs up for these ideas 
Userlevel 7
Hi Baldrick,

Thumbs up for the idea!!

Mike
Userlevel 7
Two thumbs up for Baldrick IMHO!

Oddly, it has only been in the past 24-48 hours that I have seen that notification pop up... When was it added?  Or am I truly that pre-occupied that I have never, *ever* noticed it before?
Userlevel 7
Hi Jeff

Thank you...too kind...as always...;)

I have noticed the same and have on occassion not seen a report for a couple of months.  I believe that the feature was introduced some 6 months or so ago and as far as I know given that it is a new feature, there may be some reliability issues, and that most likely there will be some changes coming out at some point in the future.  I think that it is a case of 'watch for an announcement'.

Regards

Baldrick
I've been having problems with the security report as of yesterday. I would like to be able to disable this feature so I won't have any problems again in the future. It would be awesome to be able to disable it.
Userlevel 7
Hi JClarkWell, support feature requests is a way of trying to get what we think would be good in the product. Do not normally ask but Kudoing the request (click on the big up arrow located at the top of the thread on the left) is a sure fire way of indicating support for an idea.So if you want to support this one then don't limit yourself to just a comment...
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Yes, please! Thank you Baldrick (love the name). I thought this was a bug. I hope Webroot adds an option to turn it off permanently because currently it feels like adware and demolishes the "set and forget" notion. Impossible to forget when it's there on every boot-up...
Userlevel 7
This has been escalated and we are waiting to hear back. 
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Thanks for listening to user opinion, very appreciated. Some more thoughts, I believe it to be a serious issue. Having to turn on/restart the PC quite a few times/day, I hope it is clearly understood that a completely useless window forced on the desktop is absurd at best. I could accept it as a monthly reminder, or within a trial version (I'd still strongly disagree and prefer to have an option for it). Don't want to sound mean/harsh, but I will have to abandon WSA if nothing changes (a constant week every 90 days of the same, or any pop-up still does not make any sense) and will not recommend it to others (which I'm very close to doing).

I'm currently in the process of cleaning a pop-up/virus infested PC, which makes this issue from the otherwise excellent WSA even more incomprehensible  Also, imagine if more applications behaved this way, on a less than ultra-HD monitor...
Userlevel 6
Thank you Rakanisheu for the status update and thank you Baldrick for submitting this! Beth
Baldrick, thank you for submitting this feature request. Webroot devs: please consider me signed on whole heartedly.

I purchased a 5-system license for SecureAnywhere Complete both because I believed it's a solid product and because of the sponsorship for LANFest Sacramento. However recently, the stupid popup is annoying me on every machine I installed it on. Especially on my file server/Windows Media Center server where the popup comes up at random times and sits right on top of the Windows Media Center window. (I rarely restart this machine). On machines that I startup and shut down a couple times a day (like my personal desktop), the message is extremely spammy and the button to dismiss it without viewing the report is far too small.

Please provide me a way to permanently dismiss this popup so that it never appears again, and if it's not disabled please make it only appear once a month (say on a patch Tuesday or exploit Wednesday as a courtesy reminder to double-check backups, security status, and for new Windows Updates).

Sorry about venting, but this has been driving me nuts for a while, and the WR twitter team suggested that I post here.

Thanks,
Moose
Userlevel 7
No problem irdmoose

That is why the Community is such a great place...as we have input...+ fun. ;)

You are certainly venting posting in the right place.

@nic any chance of an update as to where the Development Team are re. the consideration of this feature request?

Cheers

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I know they're fixing the bug where it pops up all the time, but not sure what else is being added.  Let me see if I can find out.
Userlevel 7
Cheers, Nic

Much obliged.

Regards, Baldrick

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings