Under Review

Parental Controls

Userlevel 3
Hi Webroot!

Will Webroot be adding parental controls to their software? I currently use Windows 7 Parental Controls but I would rather stick to an all inclusive security program.

Thanks!!
Robert Salazar

14 replies

Userlevel 7
We are looking at incorporating parental controls into both Webroot SecureAnywhere for the PC and the mobile version. It's currently under consideration.
Userlevel 3
I hope this is added in the future. I know many subscribers are looking forward to this feature.

By the way, thanks for adding the System Cleaner scheduler!!

Sincerely,
Robert Salazar
I would also LOVE to see parental controls for PC -and- mobile. I have been looking into android apps for parental controls and they really confuse me.
hi all i know this idea as been around since 2012 when i just loooked it up but i think there should be something to stop kids and teenagers going on to sexual sites and to protected them on the web. as more than more kids and teenagers are getting bulled and abuse from online people.

i have added some pictures for ideas of what i mean.

Userlevel 7
 Prince, 

With one Idea for this already open, even though old, it is better to put your comments and images as a reply to that Idea instead of opening a new one.  Old Ideas never die until Webroot marks them closed: the Parental Controls idea is still Under Consideration.  

Give that one a Kudo, and put your notes and images here as a reply 🙂
thanks i keep this up for now and i will add to the other idea when i get round to it lol
Userlevel 7
In my honest opinion this is bloatware that the WSA client does not need...let's just allow WSA to fulfill it's primary mission to the best of its ability with out superfluous additions...
i agree with you bladrick but it would be a great idea to add
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi Webrooters,

I agree..leave out the bloatware! 😉
Userlevel 7
Personally, I think there are a number of very good programs already on the market for this.  I would not want to see WSA made larger adding this as that would reduce how efficient WSA is for those who do not need the controls.

The Dev's do a GREAT job at what they do best, AV, and I just do not want to saddle them down with trying to add what is essentially a new product line to content with.
yeah sorry i wanted to add to the idea from years ago and see what you all think it wasnt really my idea i just added some pics of what i though would be great
Userlevel 7
IN theory it is a great idea, and the pics are very well done. The only problem is that it goes against the grain of how WSA has been envisioned: TINY, small, lightweight.  Do the one thing (Antimalware) and only that one thing so you can be the very best at it :)

Really the addition of other functionality has been, I think, the downfall of quite  afew other AV.s  They have become to huge and bloated they gained a reputation of being very very good, but users should expect to have a LOT of time as the computer will be very slow.  Some of the others are starting to see that and are trying to 'de-bulk" now that they see how a lightweight client can be a huge advantage.
ture i see where you coming from now and i like webroot because it works in the background and i am glad to be part of it lol
Userlevel 7
Well put, David..the ethos that WSA was built on and championed by Joe, must be preserved.