Complete

Posting with 'quick reply' without loading page

Userlevel 7
  • Community Expert Advisor
  • 1649 replies
It'd be great if a comment could be poseted using quick reply without loading a page. Like in the Wilders Forum. When you click on quick reply it would activate the posting space at the bottom of the page and you write there and click post. Then it get posted on the page. All this while staying on the same page.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Quick reply works exactly as you would like to. When you click on quick reply it activates the posting space at the bottom of the post you want to reply and you write there and click post.

Or am I missing something?
Userlevel 7
@pegas But when I'm click on quick reply a page load with space for my reply and the post I'm replying to. Nothing else. I was suggesting the process to be like Wilders Forum. A new page doesn't load there but stays in the same page only activating the space at the bottom of the page and after posting it just adds to the list of posts, never leaving the page.
Userlevel 7
Amit, referring to my reply in another thread regarding quick reply functionality, it really works on my end how I described above with an exception that after click on Post I had to click to another link to show my quick reply.
Userlevel 7
I just don't know what's wrong at my end Petr. Maybe someone else could intervene and see if my problem really exists. If not I might need help to fix my browser or something.
Userlevel 7
Hmmm, it's strange. As I said, the page stays (doesn't load next one) and opens the quick reply area where I type and then click on Post. Afterwards if I want to see my post I have to click another link to see it. Nevertheless I don't care because I don't use QR often 😃
Userlevel 7
@pegas I love QRs. They are so....quick. Either the option is not for me because I'm a FP or my browser is messed with NS. I'll try to reset my browser.
Userlevel 7
@pegas Okay I got the problem solved. It was NoScript. Now after reseting FF the QR works just you've described and I wanted. What I can't understand is why even after allowing everything on the page the QR didn't work.
 @Moderators Kindly close this Idea to prevent further confusion. This is not an idea. This is a misunderstanding.
Userlevel 7
Amit, glad you got it sorted out :D
Userlevel 7
Yeah NoScript was the culprit. Thanks for assuring that the prob was not with the site but on my end, Petr.:)
Userlevel 7
Amit, didn't I tell you that if you use Ad Muncher, you won't need anything else for ads and scripts blocking? Coupled with WSA it's really powerful arsenal in fighting wide (I dare to say all) range of threats. Ads are quite often sources of malwares, botnets etc.
Userlevel 7
Quick Reply works as described in the idea. It's good to see the issue is resolved for you Amit.
Userlevel 7
@pegas
Yes you've told me Petr. I'll see if I can find a license. I don't wanna spend on apps right now you see. I've already spend some on mobile apps. And I spent some on photoshp app on my pc a couple of months ago.
Userlevel 7
@JimM
Thank you Jim.:)
Userlevel 7
Amit, understood! :D
Userlevel 7
Glad you did Petr.:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
This has been implemented and is currently accessible on the Community.