Complete

Preview of original post!

• 29 June 2013
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
  • Community Expert Advisor
  • 1649 replies
Hi,

It'd be great I could see a preview of the original post when I move mouse cursor/pointer on a topic/thread in a sub-forum. The feature is available in many forums and communities. And if possible it could also be extended to the 'Recent Posts' and 'Unread Posts' modules.

Best Wishes,
Amit

8 replies

Userlevel 7
I'm curious to know what others think of this idea. With so many links on a page (particularly in a recent posts module), would this get annoying to have something pop up when you mouse over it? We actually removed the old share button for a similar reason because the mouse-over action was probably more annoying than useful. On the other hand, I can see how this would be useful. What does everyone think?
Userlevel 7
I can see how this might be helpful.. This might help when reading over the lists of posts to review what the original question was.  I am not fully sold on it, but that is due to my own habits: I very often have the Community open in more than one tab so I can see the text of the most recent reply as well as the original post.

I am going to toss a Kudo on it, even though I am not sure how much use I would make of it.
Userlevel 7
It's very useful. Just visit Wilders Security Forum or other forums with such feature and you'd see it's not annoying at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
I have used it a lot myself in other forums, Wilders myself but not recently there. It is great when there are quite a few replies to to the topic and you need to refer back to the original post while replying. The option I use when it is not available is to have 2 tabs open - 1 with the original and 1 for the reply which is not always ideal.
Userlevel 7
@ No need for a workaround if the feature gets implemented right? So please give a kudo to the idea.;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
I have. I do not like the workaround at all, it is just a pain really, I have enough tabs open already.
Userlevel 7
@ Thanks. I hope @ understands that it's not annoying at all but rather useful. I hope he considers and implement the idea pretty soon. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Our current platform does not offer this functionality, thank you for the suggestion, and if the functionality becomes available in the future, we will look to implement it.