Complete

Preview of original post!

Userlevel 7
Hi,

It'd be great I could see a preview of the original post when I move mouse cursor/pointer on a topic/thread in a sub-forum. The feature is available in many forums and communities. And if possible it could also be extended to the 'Recent Posts' and 'Unread Posts' modules.

Best Wishes,
Amit

8 replies

Userlevel 7
I'm curious to know what others think of this idea. With so many links on a page (particularly in a recent posts module), would this get annoying to have something pop up when you mouse over it? We actually removed the old share button for a similar reason because the mouse-over action was probably more annoying than useful. On the other hand, I can see how this would be useful. What does everyone think?
Userlevel 7
I can see how this might be helpful.. This might help when reading over the lists of posts to review what the original question was.  I am not fully sold on it, but that is due to my own habits: I very often have the Community open in more than one tab so I can see the text of the most recent reply as well as the original post.

I am going to toss a Kudo on it, even though I am not sure how much use I would make of it.
Userlevel 7
It's very useful. Just visit Wilders Security Forum or other forums with such feature and you'd see it's not annoying at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
I have used it a lot myself in other forums, Wilders myself but not recently there. It is great when there are quite a few replies to to the topic and you need to refer back to the original post while replying. The option I use when it is not available is to have 2 tabs open - 1 with the original and 1 for the reply which is not always ideal.
Userlevel 7
@ No need for a workaround if the feature gets implemented right? So please give a kudo to the idea.;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
I have. I do not like the workaround at all, it is just a pain really, I have enough tabs open already.
Userlevel 7
@ Thanks. I hope @ understands that it's not annoying at all but rather useful. I hope he considers and implement the idea pretty soon. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Our current platform does not offer this functionality, thank you for the suggestion, and if the functionality becomes available in the future, we will look to implement it.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings