Under Review

Private Message status

Badge +8
Hi all,
In the grreater scheme of things, this is really puny. But I DO have an idea! Is it possible to either change the color of read mail vs. unread mail or add an open envelope that indicates the message has been read and add a closed envelope to indicate that the message has not been read. As it is, my monitor shows the unreads as a slightly bolder font but the same color. I have a hard time determining which messages have not been read and I have missed a few.
Thanks,
Theresa

12 replies

Userlevel 7
 I DO like this idea, but it is something that will have to be referred to the company that produces/manages the forum software platform, Lithium.  

Webroot DOES forward suggestions and requests over to them if we get Kudo's on it though! 

Kudo'd!
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
I do like this IDEA too! It's sometimes hard to tell when itt's in bold letters. I totally agree.. Great idea Theresa!:D
Badge +8
Thanks for doing that David. I am still in first grade!!! I enjoy the help! Now, if I could only remember these tidbits of  knowledge.  :@

Userlevel 7
? You will remember them, you already ARE remember a lot!  It just takes time, NONE of us learned it all in one day, and I know in my case on many things it was a case of repetition!

:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
 I'll have to check and see if there any display options for this.
Userlevel 7
Can we please leave the current method as is...emboldened for unread...if any more colours are added to the pages I think that the whole things will start to have the look of a fruit salad. Sometimes simple is best in my humble opinion.Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
 We don't necessarily have to do different colors - I could see if there's an icon we can add or something like that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
ROFL! You have a point there ?
Userlevel 7
No Tutti-Truiti eamil for ?!  

He does have a point though.  If there is just an icon (hopefully green or black) to show opened and unopened that would be great
Badge +8
I still would prefer any change as being preferable to the current slightly bold font. An envelope icon is typical for mail and wouldn't look too "busy". Maybe it's my monitor but others agree that it is not BOLD enough.

Thanks for the consideration.
Bold or an open envelope is a good idea. Less color might be considered. We might want to think of those who are color blind. It would not help those folks. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Thank you for this idea, while we aren't able to currently offer this, we will look into this and report back with our findings. In the meantime, we do have an unread post area on the Community, which you can find here.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings