Complete

Racing Team Webroot

• 20 February 2013
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 7

@ wrote:
... why don't we have a Webroot Racing Team? So that's an idea!!! 😉 Hey Webroot folks what do you think?

15 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I agree, the Webroot stickers would be a nice touch on the AMG!  :D  Which reminds me, why don't we have a Webroot Racing Team? 
RWM: Let me put a couple small size Webroot stickers on my cane and I will be happy to be the "Official Old Man of the Webroot Foot Racing Team"!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote: Which reminds me, why don't we have a Webroot Racing Team? Hey, I like it!

You know, I race on iRacing , which has a world-wide presence of sim gamers who need a secure computer without bogging it down on a security program that uses a lot of memory. Webroot fits the bill prefectly!

I would be happy to design a custom Webroot-sponsed car for me to race. Of course, the cost of sponsorship would be very cheap. You know, maybe a free suscription! 😉
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
@ wrote: Which reminds me, why don't we have a Webroot Racing Team? Hey, I like it!

You know, I race on iRacing , which has a world-wide presence of sim games who need a secure computer without bogging it down on a security program that uses a lot of memory. Webroot fits the bill prefectly!

I would be happy to design a custom Webroot-sponsed car for me to race. Of course, the cost of sponsorship would be very cheap. You know, maybe a free suscription! ;)
Corey, that's not a bad idea.  I don't know anything about the kind of exposure or participation in iRacing, but if it's substantial, the idea has intriguing advertising appeal, and it's inexpensive.
I'm sure you'd have to get a release and waiver from WSA.

You have my vote.:D
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:I'm sure you'd have to get a release and waiver from WSA.

I would certainly sign it, maybe with on of those nice looking Webroot pens!
Userlevel 6
Corey, I would be happy to endorse this plan and have you design a Webroot racer.  Perhaps you can tell us a little more about iRacing, what it involves, and what kind of participation it gets?

I can see little downside:  it's inexpensive, it's potentially high profile, and it might give Webroot good exposure.  Plus, it's cool!  😃
Userlevel 7
iRacing is an interactive online racing simulator involving all types of racers - oval and road course, both open wheel and stock-car vehicles. It is considered the premier racing simulator in the world and many professional drivers use it for practice. Currently is has a paid membership of over 40,000 and is growing daily. Many championship races are shown live over the internet.

iRacing takes the cars and builds a dynamic engine model based on real-world chassis and engine data takes from the actual cars. The tracks are laser-surveyed and are accurate to within 2 mm. Racers only race against other competitors in real-time. There are no computer-driven cars or opponents. Official races start at certain times though out the day and week, and there are unofficial hosted races that any member can start using any car at any track. Points are awarded for official races, and drivers have a safety rating to maintain which keeps drivers from intentionally wrecking other drivers consistently. Drivers start with a rookie license and have the ability to work their way up to higher licenses and more cars. The licenses go from Rookie --> D --> C --> B --> A --> Pro.

I am currently at the upper level of Class A. I would love to go Pro, but I think I am at the limit of my talent level!

There are plenty of professional drivers, as seen here.
And if you make it to the pro level, there is money on the line, as seen here.
Userlevel 7
I would invite anyone wondering what the car would look like to go https:///t5/Non-Techie/Webroot-iRacer-Race-Car/m-p/27386#M216.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
We are fully behind this idea, and yes, we will be happy to sponsor you! Make us proud! :D
Userlevel 7
The idea is very good but it originates from RWM, not me. I just hailed it but I would rather see RWM being its originator. He should harvest Kudos 😃
Userlevel 6
Petr, I merely mentioned it in passing.  Corey ran with it.  He deserves the kudos!
Userlevel 7
Pegas, I'll add some arbitrary kudos for him to make up for it.  The reason you appear to be the idea creator is because that was the most appropriate place for the flow of the conversation to break off the topic and create an idea out of it.
Userlevel 6
Corey,  I see the winner of the 2012 iRacer pro circuit won $10,500, a NASCAR championship ring, trophy, and jacket at the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series finale.  :S  Not too shabby!
Userlevel 7
https:///t5/Non-Techie/Webroot-iRacer-Race-Car/m-p/27534#M236 to the official cars. One more to come next week once the car is released on iRacing.

Kudos to everyone!
Userlevel 7
We have decided to sponsor cohbraz on iRacing. It's only fitting that the lightest, fastest car on the track have Webroot stamped on it! Go Corey! Get that pro license! 🙂 We'd love to see a video too. If it's possible to save a reply or a screen video of a race, please feel free to post it over in your thread.
Userlevel 6
Corey, I have a question about your pseudonym.  Is Cohbraz a derivative of Corey, or does it relate to one of my favorite cars, the Cobra?

I remember when the Cobra was first introduced.  I think it was 1966.  What a beast at the time (and even today).  427 cubic inches, 425 horsepower, and the car weighed probably not much more than 2,000 pounds.

I don't think you can touch one today for less than about $1.5 million!