Accepted/In Progress

Right click scan option for Mac

Userlevel 1
I have just moved over from PC to MAc and see Right CLick option to scan a folder is missing?

I did search the forums and see that you have chosen not to implement?

Right now I'm still waiting after over 2 hours for a scan to completely scan the NAS where my Internet download folder resides as there are no Right Click options on Mac.

Could we have that please?

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hello toomanybarts

I will Kudo this post as I have a Mac and I would like the ability tio right click Scan with Webroot as well!:D
Userlevel 7
Thank you @ for the Right Click Scan idea on the Mac. You have my Kudo on this. 😃
Userlevel 1
5 months on, no closer to a fix. Disappointed. 
Userlevel 7
Hi toomanybarts

This has nothing to do with issues and therefore fixes, rather ideas for enhancements and their adoption or not into the product.

So you will be disappointed a long time if you are expecting a fix 😉 as there will never be one...but there may be a change/incorporation of the original idea...if the Development Team deem it worthy/in line with their roadmap for the Mac version.

And only time will tell.
Userlevel 1
5 months tells me all I need to know : look for anther virus checker!  :)
Userlevel 7
Well, if that is what makes you change AM/IS/AV then that is your perogative...perosnally I change mine if it is not providing the best protection...and whether it has a right click option or not is not really a major consideration in my book.

But as I said...it is your perogative to decide as to which AV/AM/IS you wish to use.
I asked abut this over a year ago. The abilty to selectively scan a file/directory or a group of files
is really a neceessity. 

I wonder why they refuse to do something about it? It can't be that hard, a unix/mac file system is easier
to play with than windows.
Userlevel 1
Seems to be too much time spent internal back-slapping and high-fiving when talking about consumers vs trying to solve their problems. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi All, 
This feature is in flight. We should be able to make it available with the early next year WSA MAC release. 

Thanks
Pawani
Userlevel 1
Great news thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Super great news @,

Thank you to all who are making this happen!:D
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
+1 for this, and glad to hear it is in the works. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
 We are consolidating statuses, so are switching this to the new category for labeling purposes.
Userlevel 1
Can’t wait! My current workaround is painful (involves firing up an 8 yr old pc!!)
Userlevel 1
Looks like this has been done!!!  THANK YOU!
Userlevel 1
Not sure if this is the right place to post - maybe I should raise a new thread?
Right click on shared folder on nas drive only scans top level, not nested folders?
I have to indivually right click on each folder to get Webroot to scan the contents of the various folders.

(Using Synology NAS, Folder is MEDIA, within which I have lots of other folders that each contain files.)
Userlevel 7
Hello @
I checked my Mac on the right click scan and it looks like it's working. I have many folders in My Documents. I would submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support on this problem.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings