Under Review

sandbox browser

• 15 February 2012
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Think It would be nice to have a sandbox option for all browsers an idea example

say your in internet explorer and you hit the right mouse button you have option like new tab or new window have an option like webroot sandbox where the tab or new window is  only  protected or something to that effect.or have it in the webroot toolbar
and when it is in sandbox have the icon turn yellow.

also a little information of the latest security alerts,phishing scams,recent spywareand info on software updates would be nice on the web page or in webroot icon instead of having on bottom.  wanting to learn more. have that in help already. put security alerts.

some Ideas
                                                                                                                                                                    Aggravator

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Thanks for the idea! I've got some great news for you. Did you know that we sandbox your entire browsing experience with our Identity Shield feature?  So no need for a separate sandbox. :)

Also, the best way to hear about the latest security threats and phishing scams is to follow our Threat Blog! Posts are all written by our super detective Threat Research team.
Userlevel 7
While the user interface suggestion is interesting, you can actually sandbox any executable already.  To do so, open Webroot SecureAnywhere, go to System Tools, click System Control, and click Start under SafeStart Sandbox.  Choose the executable you wish to run in the sandbox and the options you wish to check.  Then click Start.
 by

Cat

on ?03-28-2012 05:32 PM  Thanks for the idea! I've got some great news for you. Did you know that we sandbox your entire browsing experience with our Identity Shield feature?  So no need for a separate sandbox. 

Hmm, I thought SafeStart Sandbox was not for protected programs.

If I run Firefox in SafeStart Sandbox will changes be carried to Firefox profile. 
eg:  a new bookmark will not go to profile....

So, SafeStart Sandbox may not be practical for every day use. 
Seems to be intended for testing. 
IMO
Hmm, having editor glitch